Sequel is begged for for years

>Sequel is begged for for years
>It finally gets announced, releases, and then everyone stops talking about it
What happened????

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 113.69K)

The sequel was bad sweaty

Always heard super high praise AND lots of hate for the game

Could have something to do with being made by an entirely different group of people, iirc.

>i'm gonna ignore the big dump they took in the series and pretend the sequel is good!

Identity politics ruined the conversation about it here at the time.

They made a dogshit sequel.

People wanted a sequel. That wasn't a sequel though. That was a remake of the first game done worse.

Cuz they made a prequel

both games were stupid shit for redditors

rent free

>original game forums flooded with begs to make the sequel open world
>they make it open world, it sucks because you have to design it to work from all sides.
>forums beg to remove weapons
>they remove weapons, it sucks, because combat becomes repetitive without faith needing to adapt and having varied gameplay.
>forums beg for a longer game
>game is too long with too much filler and random bullshit, skilltrees, and radio towers to climb.

reminder to never listen to retarded forums,
the original was an amazing game that wasn't for everyone.
it was lighting in a bottle, they just had to fix the SMALL few issues it had for the sequel, not completely redesign it.

prequel/reboot
it doesn't even make sense when trying to connect it to the original game
it's some weird alt universe mirror's edge

Especially around that time open world was trendy and people were criticizing every game that wasn't open world simply for not being open world. Then eventually people realized open world isn't inherently good.

It was nothing like mirrors edge. No still alive, no believable beton architecture dictatorship, dude glass and screen space reflections. At least Dice and EA back then used a special UE3 fork for baked ray tracing.

>sequel
Remake. And it sucked.

Fuck, reboot. I'm going to bed.

They made it open world instead of levels and added pointless skilltree

it was shit overwatch 1.1 level SINO type game

worse art style and open world meme made it mediocre compared to the original

Attached: wtf mirror's edge.jpg (2795x3264, 780.72K)

I had no problems with the first game. fuck all those retards that ruined it. that said I don't think catalyst was as bad as everyone made it out to be. i just played it for the first time this year because it was $8 for both games and i only had the original on the 360