What is going to happen to creativy assembly onces they run out of warhammer piggies to milk? I always hear about 40k...

What is going to happen to creativy assembly onces they run out of warhammer piggies to milk? I always hear about 40k, but trying to insert that type of combat in a total war could be a massive hit or miss (the same reason they never bothered with ww1/2). Even if they manage to create something like the perfect historical game everybody dreams of, it wouldnt bring as much money as warhammer did and shitters would start complaining about muh spearmanii and how everything is boring. Even a lotr game couldnt hope to achieve the amount of variety warhammers offer.

Attached: total_war.jpg (348x145, 9.76K)

probably rome 3

They're too scared to do anything involving crusades or white colonialism, so you can say goodbye to anything from the 11th century to the present from now on. Anything with white people dominating is too problematic now. Have fun with boring dark age bullshit, antiquity, and fantasy.

this garbage is keeping shitga afloat lol

Honestly is kinda sad that so far nobody has tried to to make a knock off total war, there has been some battle simulators, but nothing similar enough.

What about alternative history? I was just thinking about something like imagine if carthage had won the punic wars. You could make an entire new setting

No they aren't.

Then explain why they haven't had anything from that era since 2009. Explain why they haven't done Medieval III even though people have been begging for it for like 15 years. Explain why they keep doing shitty pre-11th century bullshit instead of the era that people actually want. The reason is obvious and you know it

it would be funny if they somehow weaseled a way to get Disney to let them make an Infinity War RTS game, just a bunch of aliens and wakandans running around killing each other while Tony Stark is popping up Stark Factories all over world

They start making wild choices like making a dota Total War game.

They just need to keep milking new franchises

FotS is 12th century if you want to get into 'akshually' territory.

Also, they did Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila (which is a Rome 2 asset flip) then got on the fantasy gravy train.
Given what we know of the pipeline the only game that could have been set in the modern era was troy.

Trying to compete with a relatively niche market is not a smart business move.

You know what I mean, stop being pedantic. FOTS is all asian people unless you count a single DLC unit. You're allowed to have past the 11th century if there are no white people, but you can't have white people conquering nonwhite people anymore.

their backup plan is going back to historical games with shogun 2 mechanincs. But for now they are trying to find a wider audience for more profit.

kys faggot they didn't put any niggers in total war when they easily could have, CA is based.

i mean being real here
all they've done for like 15 years is slap a skin over the same game over and over and over again
Shogun 2 was their last decent game

I pointed out that was a pedantic statement in my post. Also, FotS has multiple white units but again besides the point.

The meat of my post however is with the benefit of hindsight we can see the only place in CA's pipeline from shogun 2 until now and the only game that could have been what you were after would have been a saga title instead of troy.

Also, WH is about heroic white germans conquering the world, II is about white english tolkien elves conquering the world and III is about heroic white slavs conquering the world.

I was going to say Greece but Troy already fills that. What's a historical era not involving guns have they yet to do?

Why wouldn't they try space? Or combination warfare game with Land, Sea and Air battles. I'd imagine they could move into 3D battles, similar to homeworld at some point as well. They have lots of things they could do. Or like, just more historical battles.

I want Naval battles to return. Add it to Warhammer 3.
>Why wouldn't they try space?
user, you do realize what Total War is, yeah?

>Shogun 2 was their last decent game
Wrong. Attila and Warhammer are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of replayability and setting.

warhammer 40k trilogy

I'd hope they'd give Attila one more look.

I liked Three Kingdoms, I'd appreciate if the sequel had better unit diversity, after all, China is fucking huge.

I don't want more Warhammer, I kind of grew out of it. But I'd appreciate Lord of the Rings or god forbid Malazan.

find a way to make it casualized and email it to creative assembly

They are currently making a shitty overwatch clone.

>the asian people being influenced by European culture and technology to destroy their native culture is totally not about muh white colonialism

you're the one being pedantic.