If there is such a thing as a perfect video game, this is it

If there is such a thing as a perfect video game, this is it.

Attached: The_Talos_Principle.jpg (258x387, 32.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u0OY1RDe8Yg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It’s boring and it gives me motion sickness for some reason

"The perfect game" wouldnt have total bullshit stars

filtered

Attached: 1518466109_talos principle.png (986x1378, 1.12M)

Criminally underrated masterpiece.
Only its own DLC is better.

Attached: Coreteam - return of serious sam son encounter.jpg (1920x1080, 502.25K)

>one specific qr code doesn't work so you are supposed to scan it out of game, not in game, translate, and enter a time associated with a quote
Yeah, I guess I was filtered

It's OK but the basic bitch Gnostic mysticism gets old pretty quick.

road to gehenna is better

I feel like the DLC was much harder than the main game, I guess it makes sense since it's meant to be played after the player is already familiar with the puzzles

pseud game for retards and women

Attached: alien.gif (87x87, 4.96K)

I wish you luck on your game project!

It most certainly was, and that's a part of its appeal. I also really enjoyed the "socializing" aspects.

I like how the DLC felt like a response to criticism of the game, with the puzzles having none of the recording BS but also having one of the imprisoned in Gehenna complain about how unhelpful your (Uriel's) hints are.

based and correct

Attached: 1497954481_psycho.png (1200x796, 975.57K)

Okay but it makes no sense because the game is literally just training a robot that will know how to bruteforce puzzles and that's it.

After all the "lol midwit!" memes, this game still clearly flies over zoomies heads.

Yeah but what has The witness got to do here?

this game is unironically a 3/10 and it's very telling that all the praise it receives only ever alludes to the gameplay elements vaguely, if they reference them at all. if you have any neurons firing in your brain about what makes a strong puzzle you should quickly realize that the talos principle is incredibly weak in that regard. puzzles range from "arbitrary sequences of unrelated steps" to "things you have essentially already done just rearranged a little bit" or "walk around randomly until you find something." the amount of puzzles in the game that made me think "that was clever" or "that was a good exploration of that idea" i could count on one hand. it's so hamfisted I'm convinced anyone who calls it a masterpiece has literally never played another puzzle game in their lives, or got high off their own farts from the pretentious first year philosophy lecture the game calls a story and didn't bother to think about the gameplay beyond just going through the motions.

what's your favorite puzzle game user?
hard mode: a real, and completely serious and unironic answer

the witness probably

That explains a lot.

based and puzzlepilled
i'd give talos a 4/10 personally, road to joe mama bumps it up a little bit

babby's first ego trip. "hey what if death isn't the end" lmao death isn't real

The witness does the exact same shit than this game but in a more pretentious manner.
Anyways
Stephen's Sausage Roll is the best puzzle game ever.
Faggots don't even need to reply

Doesn't the Witness lock some content behind a vhs tape or dvd of the director saying shit for 40 minutes or something like that?

The stars weren't even that bad. The real secrets were absolute bullshit

It has 6 little videos to unlock, that range in length. One is an hour long one where you have to start a "hidden puzzle", sit through the whole thing and connect it at the end
youtube.com/watch?v=u0OY1RDe8Yg

The stars in Road to Gehenna absolutely broke my balls

The Witness is better uniroically. Blow was right about how games are too afraid of being games. The way The Witness exploits perspective and forces you to see the entire virtual world as a canvas is extremely unique, it's something you can't find anywhere else and certainly not something you can ever hope to experience outside of video games.

Talos doesn't offer anything like that. It's very much a genre game, something that was specifically designed to fit nicely within the same box of games like it.

>Stephen's Sausage Roll is the best puzzle game ever.
hate this "tedium == fun" meme that puzzle shitters can't get past. The genre is doomed to stay stale and stagnant.

>Blow was right about how games are too afraid of being games.
literally a tablet game over-stretched on a dead world with no coherence.
The desert puzzles were inconsistent and tedious too.
I hate how over-hyped people get about abhorrent mechanics like that.

There aren't any tedious levels. Every level has a unique idea

if not being able to solve something thru sheer mental skill and execution is tedious to do you then go back to fighting games playing on autopilot and your automated combos, shitter

i agree SSR is great but the last stretch gets a bit tedious

kek
Go play The Looker. It's brilliant

Attached: 20220619205848_1.jpg (2560x1440, 334.65K)

you've never beat a Nintendo game