Why would you buy this if you have a desktop PC?

Why would you buy this if you have a desktop PC?

Attached: social_media_image.jpg (1920x1080, 416.25K)

to play eroge in public

Portability :)

to show off
I doubt anyone plays anything on this. 99% of threads are just "look guys I have a steam deck"

Because I can't slog my gaming desktop to the toilet and outside of my house and I want to take the games I already own with me rather than buying a console and rebuying all my games.

Because vegans think this will magically get them to play their backlog

with this magical machine you can play in the toilet
this makes whole your bottle set obsolete

I guess to have your steam library on the go

Because I have a lot of interesting indies and JRPGs that I want to play, but it feels like I'm wasting my main PC playing them when I can instead be playing something else. Steam deck will essentially be my backlog clearer when I'm away from my computers

Based

Handhelds are comfy

i don't really need to shill for the deck honestly. that fat fuck is already struggling to meet demand as is, also i don't need for stuff to get ported to it, it's a pc, it can already run everything.
i like mine and you are 100% free to not buy it and shitpost about sales and battery and noise and linux and whatever the fuck you want

So I can emulate shit in bed.

I can't bring my high-end pc to patio. With the steamdeck, I can do it. - stream the game from my high-end pc.

Why would you need to stream? you can stream to much weaker devices. the deck can pc games natively

Are the buttons good enough for fighting games?

Attached: e77984.s3.jpg (1072x714, 61.32K)

yeah but, I want my steam deck lasting more than 8 hours - 1080p60+ fps highest graphic settings. I love the steamdeck input cuz it feels good.

they are ok but honestly after getting used to keyboard using a controller for fighting games feels like a downgrade

1. Local multiplayer powerhouse. Several of my friends are getting Decks as well or have already gotten them. Being able to just get any game on PC and know I'm gonna be able to play with my bros when we used to be split between PC/PS4/PC but PS4 when the PC couldn't cut it/Switch and an old laptop that can emulate ok kinda setups its very nice to just no everyone can get Minecraft/Elden Ring/Monster Hunter on one platform and play together without issue. There's also the fact that it's dockable, meaning you can load up tons of local multiplayer classics like Smash, Mario Kart/Party/Sports, Fightan, Kirby Air Ride, etc etc to have on the system and everyone can play with whatever their preferred controller is.
2. Form factor. It's simply more comfortable and enjoyable than sitting upright at my desk to play a game, even if I'm literally just leaning back at my desk to play this way. But there's also in bed, on couch, while I make a coffee or wait for something in the oven, etc. On the software side too it's just nice to turn on my gaming device and have an up to date catalog of what games I can play right now on my deck. Do you know how often I lose a game's install in my behemoth like 5 terabyte storage setup? I went through on cleanup recently and realized that at some point my ENTIRE steam library decided to change directories, and 500GB worth of games that weren't in the right place were taking up half an SSD.
3. Reliable. My PC is about half a decade old now and while I try to take good care of it I worry that it'll go kaput before I can afford a big upgrade, forcing me to lose a bunch of money on roughly the same PC. This thing is can run every big name resource intensive game of today and if it really starts to get paced out in the near future (fucking doubtful, graphics have completely plateaued) I can just start messing with upscaling to get the performance I need back. For a much, MUCH better pricepoint than a new PC too.

There's no point in going for 1080p60fps max if you're gonna stream it. All that qualities gonna be lost.

I can play Demon's Souls to Elden Ring all at at least solid a 40 fps on a handheld. Why wouldn't you want one?

Demon Souls is the loosest definition of playable ever. Yes it seems like it's getting a steady 30 at first glance. But then break an object and cause the physics to activate and watch the entire thing freeze for 3 seconds then go 5 FPS.

That's the authentic PS3 experience.

>All that qualities gonna be lost.
I thought it would happen, but it didn't. It still looks great on my steamdeck, thanks to remote play - Valve's hard work and effort have finally paid off.

I was playing FFXIV last night outside on my patio with a beer. It was an amazing experience that my PC could never offer. That's why.

My pc sucks

Attached: 0F7E35ED-CC35-412C-83E7-CCEF55F00FAA.jpg (3530x3024, 1.99M)

Streaming at a higher resolution isn't actually a bad idea because the downsampling will give you free, perfect AA.

>and watch the entire thing freeze for 3 seconds then go 5 FPS.
The native version of the game had this exact same problem, specifically the crates in 2-1 and the exterior of 2-2.

portability is a great plus,especially when you own a tower that is quite hard to lug around.

Because it's stronger than my desktop PC

Long travels