What are the best "games within a game"...

What are the best "games within a game"? This could be diversion style mini games or like an actual other game in the game.

Attached: 1655836868539.png (698x955, 1.01M)

gwent

Phonecall game in yakuza 0

fishing minigames are boring as fuck
the only game that did it right was Dark Cloud 2

sucks, Triple Triad is way better

Dice in kingdom come deliverence was bretty good

I liked the arcade in Stardew

>camping stove for eating them in the dungeons
>aquarium you can put fish in to battle and breed them
>able to level up fishing skill
>different bait preference for different areas
While I enjoy other fishing minigames, like in Mana Khemia, Minecraft, and Witch's Heart, props to Dark Cloud 2 devs for putting a fuckton of effort into it, like they did for other portions of the game.

Poker in RDR

the only anwser to that can be triple triad. even people who don't like the game like the minigame

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 79.24K)

Pool in GTA:SA and poker in RDR

Rouge galaxy ps2 has a cool insect catching breeding and battling mini game that’s a nice rip off of pokemon

>story that high
read a book then

crhwlry squad

People meme about Kamiya minigames but the punch out bosses in Wonderful 101 are legit the best part of the entire fucking game.

Caravan in New Vegas, also that gambling game in KotOR.

Fishing is animal cruelty

>replay wow when I get the itch
>even when I pick a class that can heal, I always go to Ratchet and level up my fishing as soon as I can
There simply is something enchanting about that place. Especially in the evening. You just sit there and fish for those crappy fish that aren't worth a dime and watch all the people rushing in and out of the port. Very tranquil.

FF XV's fishing was fucking great.

unironically fishing in ffxiv

RNG bullshit.
Make it timing, speed, or resource based, but % chance means save-scumming even at high level is often your best option. MD's is much better than HR's though.

that's not very hard considering the rest of the game