Why did the genre of dance games fade into obscurity?

Why did the genre of dance games fade into obscurity?

Attached: 1654390933319.webm (960x396, 2.85M)

I doubt you actually care.

Because the genre lacked a middle ground. It was either hyper casual garbage or autismo arrow-stomping tap dances

what I'd give for a serious game that had dance numbers. the Les Mis of vidya

because normies are like ew thats not real dancing and then the real dancing games come out and the normies dont care and the autismos will continue playing their arrow games
also quality dance pads are too expensive to mass produce like guitar hero peripherals and arcades are nearly dead in america

NAAACHO NACHO NACHO

bollywood video game when?

It's not like it was ever hyper popular. Except ddr in some circles. Mainly anime ones.
But they still make yearly just dance games and a lot of people play those if that matters. There's also just dance unlimited which is sort of like subscription service for just dance

DDR was super popular with normies, what are you talking about.
They died out because arcades died in the West and the home versions came with shitty dance pads.

this needs a basedjak edit

so this movie is like India's Hamilton or some shit

u wot

Attached: beat-saber-5[1].jpg (1621x912, 222.53K)

NOO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING IM IN CHARGE HERE

Attached: 1654436892647.jpg (2615x1637, 343.22K)

The zeitgeist changed as it always does.

is that the Bollywood film that you fags were shilling the other day?
Looks boring...

Attached: KkCcgHg[1].png (1228x1150, 203.82K)

Probably more historically accurate.

can i get a hat wobble

No replay value as it is all memorization, I regret wasting time with them

Lots of activities have been made fun and accessible to people unable to do them in videogames, I havent' seen dancing being fun in a game yet (maybe there is and I don't know), excluding VR which I don't know, it always seems to be just press X at the right time, why can't it be like a fighting style game, replace the combo, parry, kick, block etc with dance moves and it should be feasible.

I was checking Google trends and Wikipedia trends and RR was (like a month ago) in the top 10 or something, wish I had taken a screencap.

It got replaced by Just Dance.

>KkCcgHg[1].png

Attached: 1654963788618.gif (415x498, 2.08M)