Should I read the bible before I play this?

Should I read the bible before I play this?

Attached: niggagears.jpg (450x412, 61.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OUjzHMHV_Es
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, read shitty Chinese martial light novels

No, as long as you know what a demiurge is then your fine.

Attached: 1591172078943.png (900x1212, 726.4K)

How much more complicated is this game compared to Xenoblade 1 and 2? Those games had some Christian stuff in it but it was all pretty surface level like bible verses on chests and shit.

Gears is more about psychology of the ego, id and super ego with a gnostic backdrop.

Attached: 1428671263891.png (1200x1800, 1.89M)

I think I remember the psychology stuff. I don't know anything about Gnosticism though, where do I start with that?? I guess I get the idea of spiritualism and I know xenoblade 1 had a mechon named after something from it.

No, you should read neoplatonic essays.
Plotinus work and Theology of Aristotle (not actually written by Aristotle btw) are a must. I'd also recommend Ibn Gabirol's Fons Vitae.

Just play the game bro, it is a anime game where they use stuff that sounds cool, not some grand theological thesis.

Attached: 1591180052138.jpg (2480x3508, 3.51M)

the bible comes after

Attached: solaris1.jpg (2981x2792, 2.94M)

You should be reading the Bible before you play any video games, you illiterate nigger. Especially some shitty JRPG.

How many of these are there and how long are they? How hard are they to understand too like am I just going to be staring at a paragraph trying to get what they mean?

I thought this too when I played Xenoblade 2 and Jin started talking about "elementary particles" and honestly I thought he made that shit up but nah its a real term.

i heard that an endgame boss has an attack that causes the game to crash on older emulators. Does the ps3 version of the game have this problem? coz I saw it on there for real cheap and was curious to try it out.

this was fixed a decade ago

I'm just joking man. Well kind of. Xenogears is heavily based on gnosticism, which is a very neoplatonic brand of christianity.
Neoplatonism is basically a sinthesis of platonism and aristotelism with monotheism (although Plotinus is actually a pagan). Reading their work can make some stuff from Xenogears more clever. The infamous Gnostic Demiurge is basically Plato's own Demiurge, a godly being who constructed the universe using the elements, but didn't actually create it.
Also, in Xenogears the 'wave existence' is based on God's description in Neoplatonic works: as a sort of light from which existence itself emanates, until reaching our physical world (jewish writers like Maimonides or Ibn Gabirol's however compares God to a fountain, due to wanting to make biblical parallels).
It's all fascinating stuff, albeit not really NEEDED for playing Xenogears. But if you want to do it go right ahead. Medieval philosophy is very interesting.
Also, watch G Gundam. Xenogears is basically a love letter to that anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=OUjzHMHV_Es

Attached: Xenogears Gaetia Key, Mahanon rises.webm (480x360, 2.92M)

I was actually planning on watching something gundam related due to my friend sorta getting me into it. Plato's demiruge kinda reminds me of the architect from xb2 and how he "created" the universe. Is Xenosaga closer related to gears than the blade games?

The bible would be more entertaining at least

>Is Xenosaga closer related to gears than the blade games?
Yeah, Xenosaga is almost a Xenogears reboot.

Why is there a thread about this game every day? Get a life

Just remembered about the whole perfect works outline. So in the Xenogears universe, is "episode 5" the only one with an actual story, which would be the game?

>STOP TALKING ABOUT GAMES REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1642264241122.jpg (1440x1080, 291.87K)