Half-Life

Canonically, why did Gordon have to do weapons training for his job?

Attached: Hazard_gina.jpg (250x308, 15.56K)

contrivement

Accidentally went through the guard training.

How to I convince myself to play Half-Life 1? I got probably 40% of the way through it 6 years ago and never went back to it.

Attached: 1614365560381.jpg (259x194, 8.98K)

Maybe they were planning to send him to Xen

You play it? I don't see what would be hard about getting into HL1. It's not System Shock 1 with its ungodly controls and UI. What about it was unfun to you?

I really wonder what happened to all the other Xen researchers.

Attached: dead_hev_scientist_xen.jpg (400x286, 73.07K)

Did you play the game?

because it's a video game

government was just handing out cash and not checking project requests so he probably applied for for something he called practical applicative combustible high energy kinetic accelerator training so he could have fun some plinking in the desert with the boys

Yeah. Did you? Shooting enemies wasn't part of the job.

play Black Mesa instead. HL1 hasn't aged terribly well

because he was gonna go to xen at some point in his job

Half-Life is a very straightforward game; if you didn't quit for an obvious technical reason then the game probably just isn't for you.

This is the most probable and realistic answer

>Yeah
Clearly not, because "shooting enemies" was very much part of the job when they got to Xen.

It's been so long that I can't remember, it's just a weird mental block for me. I played through HL2 years ago on the 360 and the only reason I never completed it is because the fucking game glitched on the very last mission and hard-locked me out of the ending.

He wasn't part of the Lambda team though.

This
it's how places like Black Mesa actually work

Black Mesa knew the government would wipe them in full coverup mode if they fucked up or discovered something too important, so they wanted their science team to be able to retaliate well enough that maybe someone would be able to escape assassination to publish those secrets or continue the research somewhere else.
It clearly payed off somewhat. Some key minds survived the incident.

those jumps are deadly, they didn't had the magic of loading a saved game