Name some roguelikes or other NG+ focused games where I can get overpowered, please

Name some roguelikes or other NG+ focused games where I can get overpowered, please.
Tired of buying games that have no incentive to replay them.

Attached: Steam-s-Weekend-Roguelike-Sale-Is-a-Pretty-Neat-Offering-to-the-RNG-Gods-479248-2.jpg (1896x1076, 479.79K)

almost none of the games listed are actually roguelikes
sincerely keep fuming and calling me autistic because I told the truth, zoomers

If you think anyone cares what you losers think, then you are sorely mistaken

I asked for personal recommendations user, not the official reddit approved list by the neckbeard treehouse association

he's right though, and it's fucking stupid to widen a genre's definition
>hmm i'm in the mood for a roguelike, let me play fucking DON'T STARVE

Binding of Isaac is your answer, best roguelike/lite ever made period. (Opinion coming from someone who has played nearly every roguelike ever) And you can literally break the game to the point where it kills itself! But if you want permanent upgrades then go rogue legacy.

thx fren

Don't tell anyone but I read the green text in the voice of upisnotjump

more games with permanent upgrades across cycles please

the definition changed over time, roguelike now refers to the general subset of games that focus on permadeath and procedural generation
this, Isaac is really good

Happy to elaborate more on any roguelike you have questions about!

Terraria with large master worlds on hardcore difficulty.

I wish someone would make a re-curated version of Binding of Isaac I could actually recommend instead of the omega bloated final version that had random poorly made shit jammed into it for 7-8 years

I've tried getting into it a few times and "beat" it too, but it feels like 90% of the content is some obscure crap I gotta look up a tutorial or wiki article to actually experience myself. Is there actual in game guidance on how to see most of the content now? Or is it still just a wiki simulator?

Dungeons of Dredmore....

Attached: Z.jpg (270x186, 7.57K)

The fun of the game is finding secrets, but the majority of unlocks come from just playing normally and completing the pages of every character, and as you progress, the game becomes entirely new. "Beating the game" starting off is extremely simple and something an experienced player can do with ease. But suddenly you beat the game a few more times and now there's a new area and a new boss, and then you unlock new mechanics, and then you beat that new area and new boss and suddenly you can get into a new secret area, and then you do it more and unlock another area and another boss and then another boss and then an entirely new path to go on from the very beginning of the game, and then a secret final boss, with their own area, then another, and another, and more cool unlocks and mechanics, and then even more characters, a lot that you didn't even know exist. What I'm trying to say is it's a game that you need to give some time, it can be hard to get into at first but what you'll find when you finally do, is one of the most rewarding and addictive games ever made. Your greatest skill in this game is knowledge about it. A bad run can be made good by simply knowing how this game works, it gets to the point where you're so familiar with the mechanics that you see yourself being able to abuse nearly any mechanic to give yourself some form of gain, gain that you otherwise would have never gotten before if you hadn't taken the time to become familiar with the game.

Attached: 1655040420237.jpg (420x443, 32.68K)

Delver is great

Play Rogue, DCSS or caves of Qud.

Actual roguelikes? None, unless you want to use cheats like Debug/Wizard mode

RNG Progression Games? Several. Most notably would be Binding of Issac tho obviously in these games you must restart until you get a game winning run after about 15 minutes

>RNG Progression
Stop being such a fuckin autist and say roguelite if you can't stand them being called roguelike

Noita is good for getting hugely powerful.

Roguelite is not a term
One does not call 'motorbikes' 'litecars' because it lacks features of a car. It's a vehicle but a completely different type. Just like RNG Progression Games are games, just competely different from Roguelikes

Roguelite is a term because people are using it as a term, no need create a new term for the same fucking thing cause of your autism

It is a term that does not make sense and is not an actual accepted word.

I have given the best RNG Progression Game recommendation earlier on for OP - stop trying to troll please