Why are we so flop starved in the modern era? Shit games seem to succeed constantly in the modern era

Why are we so flop starved in the modern era? Shit games seem to succeed constantly in the modern era

Attached: 4D7FC755-96CD-49C2-9234-15922C6DB374.jpg (750x752, 112.72K)

Rockstar is too big to fail apparently

normalfags see "whoah, 3 gta games in 1?! flipping epicsauce!!!!!" because they have no standards and buy it

Who isn’t too big to fail? It seems everyone succeeds. Last major closure was Teltale way back in 2017. Last major console maker who had a net loss was Nintendo in 2014

I would fucking fire you if you managed to only sell through 10m bookings of THREE bundled grand theft autos.

I'd consider that a monumental fuckup.

you fail upwards, especially with shit like youtube shining a light straight at every shitshow
i believe a lot of it is intentional at this point

Attached: 1626286215097.png (290x358, 208.95K)

For context, GTA V has booked 120 000 000 units. Within that margin this is a fucking horrible disaster.

Welcome to pre-order culture

There's just too many people who autobuy anything the big-names put out before it's possible to even know what the real thing is like

Don’t kid yourselves. A cheap and dirty port did not cost dick to make. Remember Fire Embelem Warriors sold sub 1 million and was good enough for a sequel. The new Ratchet and Clank game was a AAAA PS5 exclusive and sold only a million and still surpassed expectations

CDPR wasn't, Cyberpunk was a disaster that developers now use as a warning tale

>this dumpster fire of a "remaster" sold as much as TLOU2

Attached: 1605583762937.png (151x126, 14.92K)

Not as of last month. The 9th gen versions managed to save the game

Attached: 7FAFB59B-891F-4854-A9A2-4E8B1EC4D561.jpg (750x958, 202.77K)

Third worlders

Did they make any substantial changes to the game or is it just minor fixes? Kind of wanna play it now that I have a decent GPU

You're just writing random words, stupid kid. Fucking retard daycare this site.

why are """"""""gamers""""""""""" such retarded consoomers

they are so beta is unbelivable

I hate consoomers so much and there’s no way to stop them from rewarding these assholes for their shoddy work.

Attached: 1927FD29-0B0A-433B-82DB-18786DA14855.jpg (1080x1080, 328.51K)

It's still a shit game just isn't a dumpster fire of bugs anymore. It's not a good video game at all though

There are ways. Just be louder and angry. Make Vidya so toxic that people don’t bother with it

The art of piracy is slowly being hammered out of the public conscious so the consumer can no longer punish companies for releasing this kind of shit. People that aren't invested in the industry in any type of way and just want their entertainment see the title and get a rush of nostalgia remembering how fun these games were on the PS2 and want to relive it. Every time this happens the standard for what is considered acceptable gets lowered just a little bit and it's gotten so bad that they can get away with releasing buggy trash and it will still sell well.

Honestly PC no longer being pirate heaven killed the chances of fighting back. Companies and customers need to be antagonistic at all times

cope
99.999999999% of games only have steam protection or dont have DRM at all

if you want to play dogshit AAA games with soinuvo they go ahead and buy them

>CDPR wasn't, Cyberpunk was a disaster that developers now use as a warning tale

At least some good came out of it

The issue is not DRM but people being paypigs out of convenience and tech illiteracy. The point is, if PC were a pirate heaven shit products like the remaster would not sell because people would pirate the originals and mod them instead.

It feels like right now most big companies are playing a game of "just how far can our reputation carry us?"