Do political statements belong in video games?

Do political statements belong in video games?

Attached: hyperion_credits.jpg (1409x1079, 111.76K)

No

No, vidya should be neutral ground alongside other forms of entertainment

gets you out of the immersion

I mean, it's fiction so the creators are free to do whatever they want and we are free to call them a bunch of retards and trannies.

i am not upset by politics in video games, nor am I impressed by it. it washes over me. it is not worth paying attention to either way. I am a very political person, but I don't come to vidya for politics. I do not expect it, and when it is present I have no difficulty ignoring it

What rights don't trannies have?

If the game has a political setting, sure. Political games have always existed, no big deal. Just keep it out of the ones that are meant to be games. Shit like what OP posted is simply retarded.

Politics are a way for people to ban video games that disagree with their politics.

Right wing nations don't allow games with gay people in them, and left wing nations don't allow games with straight people.

this

Being able to fuck children

I hate nations

yeah, i don't even have anything against trannies, but this kills a game for me. like do the characters casually give their pronouns at the beginning of sentences and introductions? it's fuckin stupid.

Attached: 1653661057068[1].png (730x411, 111.93K)

I'm 14 and this is deep.

How does someone who's sane and well-adjusted find their way to a trash heap like Any Forums?

I'm in the same boat. I think they are hurting themselves by being so forceful about it in spaces that for the most part don't house a lot of hatred.

How does the average black person feel that they're lumped in together with fags and trannies? They even needed to be included with black and brown in the pride flag lol.

>picrel
not political statements unless you're an american considee suicide

considering blacks are the ones murdering fags and trannies the most, not too positively

yes. simple as.

Attached: 1537971840469.png (1024x768, 464.44K)

They can be, but if you can't actually validate your own ideas don't be surprised when they are rejected.

Spritually sodom ones are accursed.

>there's nothing political about common sense
kys

Damn, obsession and retardation really do hand in hand.

the right to force people to see them as real women

I know Fallout 2 is just le ebin referencerino game but how would a tribal know what a Republican is

How’s Fallout with space theme working out for ya now that republicans are seeing through all your bullshit and see Todd as a gay demon? Fallout shelter had gay sex for example.

Only if they are anti-statism.
The rest are just pawns shilling for their political parties.

Attached: 1644457250250.png (793x794, 272.6K)

As in slapping some cringe virtue signal onto your game? Yeah that's annoying and I could do without it.

"political statements" is pretty vague though. Are you saying a game like Deus Ex should just not mention anything political? Seems pretty retarded

Attached: yoma.jpg (1920x1080, 610.68K)

I can never see this image, without remembering some journalist crying on Twitter, because people editing this very image with his mixed race daughter.

> but this kills a game for me
Games are usually not very good that do this, and it is because they do this that God holds their game back. If they had not, then they would have been exalted and blessed.

Yes but only the political statements I agree with

Nigger Lives Do Not Matter
I Piss On Trannies Fucking Graves

I don't care. If a game's good it's good. If a game's shit it's shit. If some random indie dev puts 'TRANS RIGHTS!!!

Attached: 1560128050697.png (660x489, 546.92K)

Through the actions of the Enclave throughout the game.

Attached: 1645724429091.jpg (900x1131, 250.51K)

he's so hot

Attached: NEY4rFZkRfA8NcJgVRa4QD-1200-80.jpg (1200x686, 78.79K)

NINTENDO

Anything the developer wants to belong in their video game belongs in their video game
Any Forums significantly underestimates how much devs are political

Talking about dudes in dresses or blacks isn't a political statement.
It is a good way to not get me to care about you or your interests though.

MEMBER OCCUPY WALLSTREET? THANK GOD THAT WAS REPLACED WITH CLOWN EUNUCHS DEMANDING RIGHTS.

Only if the entire game itself is built around such statements so that everybody knows beforehand that its there. Video games entirely unrelated to that subject, have no right nor reason to have that subject forcefully inserted in.

Video games are products built by committee to be bought and sold to the masses, all political statements within them are crocodile tears only articulated for the purpose of money. It's not the [insert political statement here] that's repugnant, it's the committee demanding genuflection from the masses for the sake of statements regurgitated only for the benefit of said committee's wallet, that's what the offense is.

lmao do you remember the journo name?

The backlash is already happening. They had the majority of people being ok with them but they decided to fuck it up.

love how this implies each one is a different species, why wokies are racist themselves?

They aren't political at all, or they would have gotten into politics. They are people making video games.
If the game isn't fun, why bother?

if it integrates well into the themes of the game or is a good joke, sure

I pretty much stopped playing modern vidya to avoid the inevitable disappointment of liking some game only for it's dev to come out and be retarded on twitter about some libshit. Western vidya in general should be avoided

Parroting things you hear from fags in your in-group isn't being "political"

Yes, but only when I agree with the political statement

>the inevitable disappointment of liking some game only for it's dev to come out and be retarded on twitter about some libshit
What kind of logic is this.

Only children, require a children's medium such as video games, to agree with their brainwashed propaganda, in order to allow it.

>I may not enjoy games because i'm going to spend all my day browsing twitter and reddit and maybe they'll say something stupid
The fact that these types of people unironically think belong in Any Forums is embarassing.
Remember when we used to just outright ban people for even mentioning they browse reddit? And now we are packed with redditors?

Anyone who uses social media or posts social media screencaps is a subhuman amerimutt zoomer who deserves a permanent rangeban.

I believe that art is inseparable from the artist. By playing vidya you partake in the vision of its creator. If the creator is a faggot that means by playing his game you partake in faggotry, and faggotry is gay. That on top of other issues like funding people who hate your existence, but this is a problem solved by piracy.

It's almost as if nobody gives a shit about website wars in 2022

>Remember when we used to just outright ban people for even mentioning they browse reddit?
Never happened but nice try newfag

Did someone really make some dumb rom hack for their political beliefs?

Not that user but prudence. Most people don't willingly walk into a hurt locker situation.
I love Hellboy and Mike Mignola. It hurt so fucking bad to hear all the cope in his later years about his art getting primative and him doing less and less work. It was tons of cope from the industry because he became and old man and couldn't use his hands well anymore.
In hindsight, I would have told myself not to get so invested.

It literally still happens on the few boards that are actually moderated.

Attached: 1637299338083.jpg (1080x1535, 543.54K)

Obviously not. People don't entertain themselves with political agendas.

this

>3 years ago
>(user banned for this post) edited in
The sight stopped making those bans public well before that you idiot.