About to play this

What are some important tips? I already have Arx Libertatis installed.

Attached: Arx_Fatalis_cover.png (280x355, 165.09K)

The most important tip is to have fun and remember it's just a game

>Arx Libertatis installed
have fun with your malware

What's wrong with it?

magic is fun and I played using only that, but I could certainly see how mixed spellsword builds work well
just go in and have fun, it's a really good game, even if the writing is subpar

It's got 10 separate trojans

Don't be an archer holy fuck

You HAVE TO play as a melee/magic hybrid, otherwise you'll find yourself in a world of pain later on. Archery and stealth suck ass in this game and won't get you anywhere.

It will have sex with your mother and molest your dog

Keep any stakes you find.

Dont play as an archer or "thief"
Play as a tank/magic/warrior
Always wait for the gem to glow yellow before releasing a melee attack or you don't do shit of damage.
Fireball kills everything that gives you trouble
Magic negation is OP, use it.
Take your time to craft the "ultimate weapon" in the dwarf level the first time you get there, there is no better melee.

do not throw anything on the ground unless you write down where you dropped it
this is how I ended up not being able to fight the final boss

Buy mine stocks

The game won't hold your hand so listen to what people say. When in doubt ask the snake lady in the castle library.

source?

Bake your bread

I do have memories of playing it for the first time as a child and wanting to be the stealthy archer type and not having a lot of fun in combat. When I completed it as an adult I had no problems because nowadays I just orcmode in every rgp.

>Buy mine stocks
don't. I'm finacially ruined because I bought mining stocks last year

>Always wait for the gem to glow yellow before releasing a melee attack
Is that actually how you're supposed to tell when your attack is fully charged? This entire time I thought it was just the Thief light gem and it told you how hidden you are.

>16 more months before Arx Insanity

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

INVEST IN MAGIC.

There's a point in the game, aroun 70% through where you have to fight these bullshit knights who speed up and rape you. the only way to do it is with magic. i ran a mostly melee build and it literally killed my playthrough
i love this stupid game doe

Attached: EoZBvJMUUAExyJx.jpg (750x976, 132.88K)

He's trolling everyone uses liberatis

think I was heavy melee too, just some combo of using speed up yourself and poison? got me through using melee on them

Yeah I didn't use magic in combat too much myself up until I got to them mostly because I missed the tutorial on storing spells and went most of the game without knowing how to do that but when I did I learned pretty quickly that magic is just the only solution for them that isn't just finding a way to not die until their speed buffs wear off and you can fight them normally. For me, it was Fireball spam, that usually took care of them pretty quickly.