What will happen to my games when they go bankrupt and have to shut it down?

What will happen to my games when they go bankrupt and have to shut it down?

Attached: 844bac20026bcb6faf3d308fe9ad38365b3df6d1b5c4b74d0db309b426c997c5.jpg (1600x740, 221.17K)

Is this a shitpost? You literally download and own a copy of the game you buy. That's the whole point of this website.

But what happens when I can no longer access the copy to download the game? If there's no download button I can't play the game.

Why wouldn't you back up your storage?

Not enough space

space is cheap.

>he relies on other people to future-proof the things he buys
What, do you hire maids to clean your house, too?
You hire cooks to make your meals in-house and put them in your fridge for you?
You hire whores to get you off and wake you up in the morning?
You hire a bathroom attendant to wipe your own ass for you, too?
If you want to future-proof something, buy external drives and download the offline installers GOG offers to them, shit's not that hard
Never rely on online services or clouds to last forever, that's just common sense
>but what if I don't WANT to spend money to future-proof my own shit, why can't corporations serve me the way I want
Then quit whining about something you can easily do yourself but refuse to do, because corporate interests move without you

Get more then you fucking retard. Go on ebay and buy a refurbished external SSD for $15. I mean honestly do you expect everyone in your life to hold your hand?

That's literally the whole point of backing up. user, are you mentally ok?

Oh yeah? Then why does it cost millions to launch a spaceship there?

But where am I meant to store my storage? If I lose the SSD I'm fucked

>but what if I don't WANT to spend money to future-proof my own shit, why can't corporations serve me the way I want
Just don't buy from GOG and spend the money you saved on a WD external drive, they go on sale all the fucking time, and you can shuck the drives if you wanna make them internal

I still have CDs lying around from publishers that don't exist anymore, you'll be fine.

>Lose the SSD
lmao. You fucking deserve it then you idiot.

The same thing that will happen with every other store too.
>b-but they promised to make it work somehow
lol

At least gog lets you back up everything now so it doesn't matter if they go under.

same story with steam. you will get time to download all games

Nothing if you properly back them up.

user, there are scripts you can run to download your entire library.

Attached: Screenshot_20220618-100730_Cx File Explorer.jpg (1080x2032, 390.71K)

Neat, I didn't know this. Fuck Galaxy

gog going under soon
long live steam

What will happen to my games when I die at some point in the next 60 years?

Life is circular. We just repeat this meager existence over and over again. This is probably the thousand time we've had this conversation.

this just made me think. who should I leave my steam account to in my will?