This is what the words skill ceiling and skill floor mean

This is what the words skill ceiling and skill floor mean.

Attached: floorceiling.png (625x649, 17.38K)

There is no real way to measure them thus they are all imaginary

I thought skill floor was the required skill to actually execute it in the first place

the skill ceiling is easy to remember but holy shit i mix up the skill floor shit 99% of the time

I just always think of it like a physical room, the floor is the lowest point you can be and if you were to raise the floor then there's less of a gap between the ceiling and the floor.

That's okay, so did OP

I'm pretty sure he's right

Wrong on the skill floors. High skill floor means the game demands a certain level of play from the beginning. Low skill floor means it's brainless as fuck.

Skill floor is basically how much the game can carry you. A game or character with a high skill floor will allow new players to preform well.

A skill ceiling is how much the game will let you be good. A game or character with a low skill ceiling won't allow you to preform much better than someone new to the game.

You fucked up

that's wrong on skill floor though, that's more like the height requirements for roller coasters.
"you must git this gud before you can start playing for real"

What does "playing for real" mean?

I guess your cock is imaginary then

Attached: 1629543471312.jpg (600x600, 49.1K)

No, low skill floor means the base skill requirement is low, high skill floor means the base is high.

"for real" means with intentionality, in other words every action you do has some logical (but not necessarily correct) reasoning you can explain as to why you did something.
you cant actually play chess "for real" just because you know how to move all the pieces, but only when you can justify why you are making a specific move (even though it may be objectively shit).
Basically it would be my definition of a games skill floor.

Aren't low skill foor and high skill floor inversed?

They are.
Low skill floor means getting onto it is easy
High skill floor means starting is a hurdle to overcome before you are able to even start looking at the growth limit.

just knowing what the fuck is going on, like knowing when you're getting mixed in a fightan, IDing major sight lines in shooters, or knowing when to tech up in an RTS.
it's not an easy thing to put into words, but it's definitely something you'll know when you see it.

Attached: Fatboy_vs._Omen_Class.jpg (988x727, 56.3K)

He's not, which makes the whole image and thread cringe

ok how about this

Attached: file.png (826x613, 13.99K)

The skill ceiling represents the maximum added positive effect you can get out of skilled play.
The skill floor represent the maximum subtracted negative effect you can get out of unskilled play.

Whether these are high or low says nothing about difficulty.
A high ceiling could mean there is a lot of room for skilled play to make you overpowered;
but could also mean you need a lot of skilled play for comparatively little additional pay-off.

Likewise:
A high floor could mean there's little leeway before you hit absolute rock-bottom;
but could also mean the maximum negative effect of unskilled play is low.

There's no way to tell which is which without more context.

How did you fuck this up
This

Everyone's needlessly overcomplicating this.
>Low skill floor, low skill ceiling
Easy to learn, easy to master.
>High skill floor, low skill ceiling
Hard to learn, easy to master.
>Low skill floor, high skill ceiling
Easy to learn, hard to master.
>High skill floor, high skill ceiling
Hard to learn, hard to master.
It's that simple.