Live A Live

The last thread died while I was writing a post about it.
What was your reaction to seeing it in the Direct and where did you first hear about the game if you heard of it before the direct.
Personally I encountered some videos on the game by WhoIsThisGit in 2018, more specifically his video on the western chapter. The thought of a western JRPG on the SNES intrigued me and the rest was history. While I never played the game because I don't like emulating(my only computer is a school laptop I use for school/college work) I still hoped for the day the game would get a remake in the style of Octopath because it had recently come out at the time, and the similarities were not lost on me.
Fast forward to the Feb. Direct, and I was already coming off of a high from the Klonoa and Portal announcements, so when I saw the Japanese buildings followed by the Saloon, and proceeded to unironically soi out from there. Super excited for the game to come out.

Attached: Live_A_Live_Box_Art.jpg (656x1062, 148.49K)

I've really enjoyed the recent string of trailers, and I personally think the English VA are doing a superb job. I'm really looking forward to the more emotional areas like the middle of Kung Fu or the endings of all the chapters and seeing how good the VA work is.
If Straybow is anything to go by, it's going to be a 10/10 experience for both those that have, and have not, played the game on SNES.

I haven't bought a game full price on release since Legend of Mana, and this one will probably be the next.
I'll be grabbing it on Steam, though.

>You will repay my loyalty.. IN DEATH!

My only complaint with the translation is how they changed the names of Sammo, Bel, and Straybow to Hong, Beru, and Streibough.
On the other hand, Steel Titan is a boss ass name, and the afore mentioned "You will repay my loyalty" line are great signs. I hope we get the English VAs soon just so I can see if I can spot a few familiar faces.

you havn't played the English translation? Just do it

I first heard about it on Any Forums recommends back in around 2013, in the fan translations section, I thought the plot was interesting but for some reason I never played it until 2019 and me and my pals who were watching me play absolutely loved it.

Fast forward to the Direct, we were watching it on a video call and when they began showing the trailer we didn't caught what it was until they shown Masaru's room and we went absolutely bananas.

Shit was magical, I really never expected Square to care about this game enough to pull a remake of it, but here we are.

Attached: live_wrestle_02.gif (1024x896, 42.87K)

It's to be expected. As long as they don't go too off the rails with them. Straybow always triggers some dyslexia in me wanting to call him Strawbow so his name being Strei is kind of unique. They better not touch Uranus and Hash too much.

That sounds like a blast. I wish I had bros to watch shit like that with. And yeah, it was definitely out of left field.

i for one want a 2.5D HD remake for Bahamut Lagoon just so i can see all NTR threads.

>WhoIsThisGit
same
My fucking balls were blown off when I saw them doing a quality remaster for an obscure game from three decades ago. It might be the one switch game I actually buy though I do hope it eventually ends up on steam

Attached: confident falcon.jpg (500x378, 37.42K)

I had known of it for years but only kicked myself to play it after seeing a bunch of Touhou A Live videos I only played one chapter and didn't really finish it until undertale came out. I absolutely loved it.
Seeing the remake being announced brightened my day and made me hype as fuck, I spent a few days listening to the OST.

Uranus is the same, but Hash is now Hasshe.

What are some animations you're looking forward to seeing remade? I really hope they do something to make Hurricane Shot look as amazing as it is to use.

Attached: screenshot.png (1178x663, 1.11M)

Saint Alicia without a doubt. I also can't wait to see what Captain Square and OD-10 looks like. Shadow Image and Hell Image are cool ones too.

>where did you first hear about the game
I looked up Square games about 20 years ago coz i liked what i had played so far.

Play the SNES version already you clown. This new one is going to be terrible, they are going to """localize""" the shit out of it and change everything.

title says Live A Evil n00b

I was confused and delighted. I never expected this, but I welcome it with open arms. The first thing I ever thought when I saw Octopath Traveler was "that looks like it wants to be Live A Live", and so the double-reverse homage in the form of using that system to remake Live A Live just blew me away.
I am probably the only person in the world looking forward to seeing Feminophobia again.

Attached: 2573348_p0.jpg (529x662, 59.32K)

I've always wanted a western release, knowing the official TL might change some stuff, just to see another take on the script more than anything. So far, from what I've seen, I'm not too opposed to it.
The English VA ranges from questionable (Masaru) to fucking phenomenal (Sundown) and the JP cast across the board is absolutely top tier to fill in those gaps.
It's definitely a day one for me, first in forever, and if it's still available, I need to look into ways on getting that Japanese Collector's Edition for the soundtrack alone. I've never bought anything Jap-only online, but it can't be too hard. Any help on that end would be appreciated if you have any advice.

>Sammo, Bel, and Straybow

Were those the official English names or fan translated?

waiting for the PC port

Those are the fan translation names.

I wanted to get a switch just for this. But I would really like to get more out of the system. It doesn't seem to have many exclusives. I saw Neon White came out recently that looks good. Guess I'll get the Bayonetta games. Anything else the Switch is good for?

I think it looks fantastic. I first played it when I downloaded a giant rom pack off pirate bay and just started playing random crap. The original game was honestly dogshit, but it was obviously dogshit because of technological limitations.