What are the laziest game franchises?

What are the laziest game franchises?
>yakuza
>hyperdimension neptunia
>trails
>cod
>pokemon
>annual sports games

Attached: 1647431559527.png (600x400, 99.42K)

4 niggas in a row

what does lazy mean in game development?
I think you want to say safe and not lazy, those programmers are still working the same number of hours no matter if the game is original or not

GTA. hasn't bothered updating the gameplay at all since GTAIII and only shit out a game every decade at best. lazy, shitty developers just cashing in on the multiplayer now

Fallout, Elder Scrolls
Same thing. Copypasted all the way.

The NES Mega Man games were pretty lazy.

there are a TON of people on Any Forums who have no understanding of game development and legitimately think that Devs should essentially just delete all stuff from their older games and make everything in their games from scratch.
But any actual Dev, or hell, even mod Developers will Always tell you that reusing old assets in new ways is the best option as it both speeds up development and allows you focus more on making actually new stuff

Like there is no reason to make whole new animations and models for lets just say, a Dog if you already have made a ton of them in past games which use almost the same intended artstyle/graphics.

Since when did cod and yakuza became lazy?

kof

NIGGER NIG NOG NEGRO
Do more work
I will pirate
I will shit on it
You cry for free

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼

᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼
᲼᲼᲼᲼
nigger

Attached: 1648897486246.png (715x895, 426.36K)

Monster Hunter
Souls games
the new Xenoblade

wtf based

Its over I kneel...

Reusing good assets without at least a coat of fresh paint is already lazy.
Reusing low quality or even broken assets (Fromsoft's dog animations, for example) is disgusting and I will pirate your game purely to seed it to as many people as possible.

(you)

Souls games

based
just based

Pretty much all the yearly sports games

>What that Kalashnikov looks like that Kalashnikov even though both are the same models???

Tales
>Man Vesperia was really draining for us, let's never do cell-shading again (until now)
>Copy-paste corridors as environments and harbours
>Now also only do a dozen different monsters and call it a day
There's a limit to reusing assets. I'm fine with reusing monsters in later areas or reusing other assets over several games, but it went way too far here to the point where it detracted from the games.

>trails
Why? Them using the same stuff for 4-5 games isn't really due to laziness, but their inability to tell the story in fewer games.

any ps2 era looking JRPG series releases in current year

Pokemon is just pure incompetence though, not laziness
It's obvious if you look at the non-Pokemon games that Game Freak has worked on

It's say the incompetence outshines the laziness, but it's obvious the amount of effort put into the games has lessened over time.

GF are incompetent with 3D, realized their paypiggies didn't even notice and/or care, then they decided to be as lazy as they could from then on.

I kinda prefer taking longer to flesh out a setting/story. FF9 could've used that treatment to tell more of the background stuff, for instance. Kinda a shame it was only a single game.