Stranger of Paradise Ending Spoilers

Just finished this, anons. God, what a game, and also what a tragic case of missed potential. This game wanted to be so much more than it was allowed to be, but it was still a lot.

The way things very abruptly started spinning out of control towards the end was amazing. Some people might say Jack's sharp turn into pure anguish was jarring, but I felt like it was delivering on something that the game was implicitly building up the whole game. The way the party was so upbeat and encouraging in this moment when Jack's entire world shattered in just a few minutes felt really novel but appropriate. They were doing something incredibly cruel to him, but they had so much faith in him and his plan that they didn't think twice about it.

I think my biggest disconnect with the game is that I felt like it was building up a different story, and I was really disappointed not to see some of those story beats play out. I was completely convinced we were going to come back to that golden field with My Way playing like in the beginning. I thought Jack was going to have to lose more and the ending was going to be more explicitly grim. Jack reuniting with his friends was really emotional, but I felt like it would have hurt better to end on more of a downer with Jack sacrificing everything to become the ultimate necessary evil.

Incredible game overall and I hope it sees some kind of second chance with a loud, insistent cult following. Thank you to the anons who helped me along the way. I couldn't have done it without you.

Attached: stranger-of-paradise-button-fn-1644883544038.jpg (2160x2160, 1.4M)

how much longer until PC version? I want to play it

Isn't it already out?

He probably means Steam. Pretty sure it's been out on Epic store for a while.

I also beat SoP earlier this month and I genuinely had a good time. After that I went back to unlock the side missions I missed out the first time (they were all the purple orb side missions). Beat them all except for the boss gauntlet at the FF6 Level and 51 enemy gauntlet at the final boss arena. Right now I'm going through Chaos mode and limit releasing jobs.
What ended up being your favorite jobs to play as? Tyrant became my favorite class. I really want to get its limit releases but the earliest one for that job is from a level 220 mission.

Attached: 1647298766759.jpg (1280x720, 140.55K)

Has anyone tried the game on ps4?
I heard performance was awful
I haven't bought it yet

I tried to unlock and max every job, so I didn't spend too much time with any single job. Axe Berserker, Dagger Assassin, and Hammer Tyrant stood out to me. Berserker was my go-to boss/tonberry killer for most of the game, and Assassin was my Ultima/Chaos killer after picking it up near the end of the game - the break damage from crits was absolutely disgusting, and the teleporting R2s were a million times safer than Berserker's bosskiller moves. I only used hammer Tyrant for a couple side missions near the end of the game, but I really liked it. Fist Tyrant seems like the most appropriate weapon/job combo for Jack, though.

I haven't plunged into the postgame yet, but I'm excited to. I was really proud of beating Chaos on Action difficulty after only getting to his second form two or three times. I think Hard mode might be too hard for me, but I still want to try.

I actually played it on ps4. The environments look like wet dogshit, and it chugs at times. But I felt that added to the janky charm, and it was still more than playable. I always grew up with shitty out of date PCs with behind the times internet, so I have a large tolerance for poor performance.

where's my dlc

Attached: 1582094710736.jpg (442x460, 125K)

What went wrong
Nioh 2 ran very good

I played on PS4 and it seemed fine.

This game was sent to die. It needed and deserved way more time and effort.

Do you have a Pro?

I trust you implicitly

2 more weeks

>Entire environment pieces are EXTREMELY unoptimized, with between 100k triangles to nearly a million. It appears that art team during development didn't believe in geometry simplification or normal mapping, all details on level geometry and props are actual geometry. Princess Serah's lute has as many triangles as AAA character would, it has actual geometry for relief patterns on the lute and so on. Level pieces are large chunks of geometry, entire walls or corridors spanning from couple to several meters. Sometimes those pieces aren't even connected, meaning if you see a small piece of the geometry you're forced to render entire object it belongs to.

Attached: 1635444845853.jpg (1014x1024, 249.19K)

Steam is getting it in 2023.
All DLCS will be shadowdropped at once

No.

Base PS4 Performance Mode worked fine 80% of the time, dropped frames during some finisher animations but was still playable. Maralith Phase 2 deleted my framerate but that was pre-patch so maybe it's better.

Let them take their time. I've got Shredder's Revenge and Sunbreak to play through.

Jack sacrificed his game so Wo Long can surpass Nioh

I basically used whatever Job setup let me use Lance + Fists. I bounced around between Dragoon, Monk, Warrior, Liberator (Lib Fists is shockingly fun), Tyrant, Breaker, & Ninja. Whenever a boss gave me trouble, I checked its weakness and loaded up on Tyrant Affinity. Except the final boss, where Dragoon made its second phase a joke (in a fun way).

Attached: 1647395487804.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

I'll ask one last time.
Who am I?

...The King of the Dark Elves.

So I only recently started playing this, but does something feel kinda off about the way the controls are set up or respond? I love the shit out of Nioh, and in general play a lot of character action games. It might have something to do with having some moves which might be part of a combo, being dependent on mana that you don't have an easy way to regenerate. I could also be missing something fundamental. I'm only at knight boss, but he's fucking kicking my ass.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE

Attached: The Anti Chaos Alliance is here [full].jpg (2362x3125, 1.13M)