How would you improve the quality of Elden Ring's combat? Would Nioh 2's combat system really improve it?

How would you improve the quality of Elden Ring's combat? Would Nioh 2's combat system really improve it?

Attached: 1651464511979.webm (900x506, 2.86M)

>Would Nioh 2's combat system really improve it?
lolno

The main issue with ER is encounter design and how it differs from mainline dark souls games. It's all about attack timings with loads of mixups and delays. There were a few bosses like that in DS, most notably the Fume Knight, but it wasn't a central pillar of encounters in those games.
Also, you hit like your weapon is a pool noodle so encounters come down to bleed or stagger and take way too long.
It basically took a central aspect of DS and BB, aggression and trading damage and threw it out.

The combat as it is outside of some camera issues during bigger boss fights is fine for me personally. And for the camera I dont understand why they didnt do like Sekiros boss encounters.

>more time spent working on the hitboxes
>less ashes of war
>no control c+v bosses
>more animations and movesets involving the horse
>add more weigh to enemies and attacks
>limit 100% damage reduction on most shields
>don't make enemies that are a chore to kill as melee only
>better level development instead of open areas everywhere
>night that is actually dark so you have to use a torch

Multiple arts per weapon.
Make the enemies not quite as faggy with their delays and off-timings and relentless flurries
Nerf roll, and change it to a proper dodge animation.
>Dream change:
Put in the deflection mod

>Would Nioh 2's combat system really improve it?
No, but it's not for retarded faggot reasons this tranny is probably thinking of. Changing Elden Ring combat's to Nioh 2's combat would change the game at a fundamental level. Nioh 2's combat fits Nioh 2's more action-driven format better than it'd fit Elden Ring's much larger world, exploration-heavy gameplay, and PvP. They're just different games. It'd be similar to saying Super Mario 64 would benefit from aping Street Fighter 5's combat (granted this one is a more exaggerated example, but you get the point),

Also, add some base poise. A fucking dragonfly stopping a fully armored character at the middle of their move is extremely retarded. Just a cheap addition to make some enemies relevant instead of spending time creating situations where they would be strong

Remove the spirit ashes summoning bullshit for scrubs and actually balance the game.

Just say you got filtered and move on. This obsession with the game is not healthy.

Am I literally the only one who like being a regular human with limited moves fighting a bunch of superpowered anime action CREAZY boss?

Attached: eh sex.gif (128x128, 125.31K)

We've already seen that Sekiro's combat system fixes it.

Yea but Katana is shit, applied it to every weapon and you got gold.

>How would you improve the quality of Elden Ring's combat?
You can't, because it's literally just Dark Souls 4.
People keep suggesting little fixes here and there to make the combat better. The truth is that From should have started from scratch instead of making yet another i-frame roll-to-souls fuckfest. They experimented with new systems in Bloodborne and Sekiro, then went right back to the worst combat system ever created.

Attached: invaded.jpg (955x1430, 1.02M)

Bump

Timed block and less aggressive input buffer, wouldn’t take much.
No that is literally meant to be the one of the main appeal of the series.

I just got to the Malenia fight, so right now my recommendation is don't do anything from this fight ever again.

Attached: Fat Malenia.png (768x1024, 1.99M)

I find it ironic that they have some of the most well animated, complex, and varied boss fights in the series but 90% of them are trivialized because of the player's insane toolset, I think there is something to be said about less is more.

if malenia didn't have waterfowl dance her fight would be one of the best in the entire series. with that attack though, and how horrible literally everything about it is, it goes down as one of the worst fights in my mind.

For me it's how often after she finishes one of her many slightly different absurdly long strings of attacks--during which if you do a a single thing other than perfectly timed light rolls or spamming bloodhound step, you will get hit for an enormous amount of damage and also heal her--she IMMEDIATELY does an exaggeratedly graceful smug cunty pirouette to 112 feet beyond your reach, because fuck you.

Actually, quite a few enemies are given the privilege of ending their ludicrously long string of attacks with an enormous leaping dodge that puts them well out of your ability to reach them before they start their next goddamn string of never-ending goddamn fucking attacks, but it feels far more egregious with Malenia.

I thought I was the only one...

you'd have to fix the entire game's encounter design, and add a ring that allows for quickstep/ds1 quick roll/etc on light equip load, as well as reducing stamina damage to shields and overall enemy damage by about 2/3rds.
also poise needs to exist. also enemies need to move/act like 20-50% slower depending on the enemy type.
there, it's fixed.
>it's basically just ds1 again
yep, don't fix what ain't broke.

Too bad they put in all those weeb weapon arts that totally ruin that feel.