Why is this the most hated super smash bros?

Why is this the most hated super smash bros?

Attached: sb4.jpg (1280x720, 246.61K)

Is it? I liked it but I preferred the 3DS version at the time. Pick up fights for days.

For a while it was Brawl, but it might be Melee now.

64 is the first game so it has an excuse, plus it's soul in it's own way
Melee is self-explanatory
Brawl has Subspace Emissary plus a very distinct artstyle
3DS has Smash Run
Ultimate has the best roster plus World Of Light is cool I guess

I thought you asked what the most hated smash bros game was fuck I need to actually read posts

>64
Board the Platforms, best presentation in the series
>Melee
Obvious reasons
>Brawl
Best singleplayer in the series
>3DS
Smash Run, best Classic Mode in the series
>Ultimate
Most content in the series
>Wii U

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 at JSON.parse () at index.js:486

3DS version crippled it hard
>Took the better stages
>Took the better side mode (Smash Run)
>Hampered certain characters and outright got the Ice Climbers cut
Then you also had shit like being able to get duplicate custom moves, no Adventure Mode of any sort (would've been mitigated if both versions got Smash Run), a lot of the Wii U exclusive stages being forgettable or overcomplicated, its Classic Mode being a frustrating clusterfuck, Shilltelligent Systems being unable to keep their pants on during the fighter DLC...

It has some of the worst and most tedious requirements for 100% completion in the series. Also, Smash Tour sucks.

Ultimate basically took everything this game had to itself. People are right bringing up what other games have over Wii U, but I also think some are forgetting some of the bad decisions in this game.

>Graphics are good but kind of lifeless at times. Ultimate added a lot of charm back to them on top of new charm.
>Major unlocks were the lamest in the series, with Sakurai himself basically saying they were just there for the sake of it.
>8-Player Smash was a great addition, but came at the cost of a fairly small selection of often neutered stages. Ultimate fixed this.
>Speaking of that, the super giant stages were way overkill. Palutena's Temple kind of works at times outside the distant blast zones, but Great Cave Offensive is just a mess despite looking gorgeous.
>Classic Mode sucked ASS. The open grid format barely added anything, you were often thrown into needlessly cluttered 5+ player matches on aforementioned neutered stages, difficulty system was kind of wonky, and Master Fortress was really overkill. 3DS was way more balanced and way more fun.
>Crazy Orders is surprisingly great, but who cared about Master Orders?
>Smash Tour was a lame attempt at adding a party mode to Smash.
>Many elements in the game were trying to be more "extreme" to stand out from 3DS, including some mentioned above. Remember the side modes largely having gimmicks tacked on with little to no thought.
>For some reason, there were barely more stages in at launch compared to Brawl. 3DS had almost as many stages on weaker hardware, somehow.
>Speaking of that, 3DS got many of the best new stages. A lot of Wii U's felt needlessly obtuse or just inferior.
>Stage bosses are so bad they deserve their own point.

Then there were issues shared with 3DS, although that version still holds up better due to various factors:
>Gameplay is better than Brawl, but still quite slow compared to other games in the series. The game feels too defensive at times and grabs are way too prevalent.
>Collecting custom moves is needlessly painful primarily due to dupes being a thing for some forsaken reason.
>Omega forms were a great idea, but Final Destination is too biased toward certain characters. Ultimate responded to this by adding Battlefield forms and no hazards.
>I'd say the arrangements on the whole were weaker than Brawl and Ultimate, although Wii U had some of the worst ones exclusive to it.
>Challenges felt a lot more specific and tedious than those in Brawl. Wii U was worse than 3DS in this regard too.

Now granted, there were some good parts to Wii U. It had the widest selection of trophies with cool categories, the game did add back a few missing features from 3DS, and in the end it was quite fun for a few years. It's just sad how many flaws came along with the experience.

>Most content in the series
You mean roster right? There's barely any content in Ultimate besides a shitty event mode.

Content could be applied to other factors like stages, items, summons, music, etc. Ultimate isn't the best in single-player, but if you're just looking for matches (i.e. the meat of the game) it's clearly the most expansive option around.

No Smash Run and laggier input latency are the reasons I dislike it. 3DS version is great.

Sm4sh is the Spongebob Season 4 of Super Smash Bros. It's like the red-headed stepchild that no one really pays any attention to. Although much like how Season 4 has a few good episodes, there are a few redeeming qualities in Sm4sh like the additions of Mega Man, Pac-Man, Cloud, Ryu, and other good picks.

Attached: 1588798626256.png (992x714, 978.78K)

It's not
that would be the most janky and bullshit game, melee

It's either this or Brawl but I had more fun with Brawl due to different reasons. Plus Smash 4 nerfed Meta Knight so bad so for that it's my least favorite.

At least Brawl has personality, and it has the perfect roster and soundtrack. I know you're gonna say "well Sm4sh and Ultimate have more characters" but that's just the thing, all the Fire Emblem shit makes the roster feel bloated and unbalanced. Brawl's roster is perfect because there's just the right amount of characters from each series, and there aren't stupid additions like Wii Fit Trainer and a Piranha Plant. And the soundtrack is fantastic.

This. Its overbloated with anime characters I have never heard off.

Brawl has a way better single player than Ultimate. Too many weird clones and clone moves in the newer game honestly.

Brawl for the tripping
OR
Melee for the fanbase

going off of this logic:
>Series will decline in quality starting with Smash 6, to the point where Smash 8 is unbearable
>Smash 9 will have a shit base game but much better DLC
>Smash 10 and beyond will feel separate from the rest of the series but a step up...wait a minute
Dude, your comparison for Spongebob sucks. Smash 4 should be Seasons 4-9A and Ultimate should be Seasons 9B-13

Wii U has getting touched by a pixel on bayos hit box and losing a stock. Also limit camping cloud.

Melee if it was a good video game

Attached: goodmelee.png (1440x1080, 2.06M)

After doing some thinking, I don't think Seasons 4-5 were that bad, even though there were some REALLY awful episodes in those seasons. I guess Sm4sh would be more like Seasons 6-8 and Ultimate would be Seasons 9 onwards. There has never been a Smash that is just "mediocre" like Seasons 4-5 were.