FF7R

We can all agree this was the best announcement of all of the presentations

Attached: FFVII-rebirth.jpg (1200x1200, 77.63K)

Looked shit to me. And considering how bad Remake was, it will probably BE shit too.

fuck no
square is trash ever since ps2 days

Remake 4 will blow this outta the water. It already has pretty much.

Squeenix is retarded

Fuck no.
nu-SE is fucking impotent.

Attached: ff7 og vs remaster 2022.jpg (2074x1100, 589.96K)

>le green filter and extreme normal maps are le good!!!
Quit being a contrarian

I'm excited to finally try Remake but there absolutely is some charm lost from the prerendered backgrounds of the original. The mix of an old city (cobblestone, etc) and future tech was really unique, and neon literally everywhere. That one elevator in the opening is iconic and I was surprised they didn't replicate it.

The game seems like it'll be fun but they absolutely lost a lot in translation.

Attached: RuREsY.jpg (800x395, 44.94K)

>green filter
Not a thing in 1996. Literally just lighting, which reflects the whole MAKO ENERGY THING, which is... wait for it.... GREEEEEEN!

Also lets pretend to ignore the early-1900s Dieselpunk x Ghibli aesthetics and make everything have a BLUE FILTER and NO details, no?

Attached: 1608005835335.jpg (1920x1080, 192.66K)

Hivenind.

>and extreme normal maps
pretty sure he's talking about all the geometry in the original version, compared to the flat commie blocks in the demake.

so we're just not going to talk about how Squeenix continues to charge full price for games that could be released as patch updates in our current digital media era of gaming? This shit is so bizarre. They could've wrapped all of these extra games into the original Remaster but no, they had to rush out an incomplete product and it was entirely justified by the demand of fanboy instant gratification. Fuck this gay earth.

It's not just the transition from Pre-rendered to real time,
the overall world design is generic as fuck. It's essentially taking the FF15's intended "Fantasy based on reality" meme, and planting it into FF7. The top of plate's now a literal not-Tokyo, while the old slums underneath are now 1950's red-brick London. Not exactly a messy, dangerous place full of misfits it's supposed to be.

>The game seems like it'll be fun but they absolutely lost a lot in translation.
I wouldn't call it "fun" either. They literally took the first 4 hours of the original game's 1st disc, and stretched that into a shitty 60+ hour slog-fest with fetch-quest and minigame padding, only to alter the story and ending so much, that the next chapter does not need to follow the original's plot any more.

I also hate the hack and slash combat thing. Not only is it essentially an auto-battle system (you even have LITERAL auto-battle mode), but you have zero air-control in your moves, and every single map has clear, wide open "battle arenas" where the combat will obviously take place.

Attached: 1607793970369.jpg (2800x1768, 3.43M)

I mean, I get what you're saying kind of but Rebirth would, at a minimum, end up being an expansion to the first game rather than a DLC. Remake, while it doesn't cover the full story of the original game, has plenty of content to justify it being a full priced game in its own right.

Making Rebirth and the third game expansions to the first would mean the install size for the "game" would be outrageously big. Better to split them up in my opinion.

Any Forums: we fear change

I know it's not because of the move away from prerendered, I'm saying what was in those backgrounds had a unique aesthetic in them which I fully agree was lost.

>only to alter the story and ending so much, that the next chapter does not need to follow the original's plot any more.
I don't mind this. Im glad I got to find out before paying so I could go in informed -- I get why a lot of people felt cheated but I won't. I'm treating it as a timey-wimey sequel so I'm good with that.

>I also hate the hack and slash combat thing. Not only is it essentially an auto-battle system (you even have LITERAL auto-battle mode), but you have zero air-control in your moves, and every single map has clear, wide open "battle arenas" where the combat will obviously take place.
I do wish we had random encounters so the map didn't have to accommodate encounters but the battle system change doesn't bother me. "Standard" attacks or auto-battle are effectively the ATB bar, which you can then expend to do the real commands, such as casting magic or your the attacks that actually do meaningful damage to enemies. It's really not that different from the original system outside of being able to position on the battlefield and having the option of being more active with animations during ATB.

After the false marketing of (((((((remake)))))) spoiler- it's not a remake, it's a sequel. I will never buy anything from SE ever again.

What reason is there to change something that's already good to something that isn't

yES.

Attached: rebirth.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

I don't fear change, I like it.
I hate shit change though. Which makes me hate remake.

>it's just CHANGE!
>it's just DIFFERENT!
So is fascism, but doubt too many could call it the "good" type of change.
There's been great new games and shitty as fuck new games, and magnificent remakes of older games plus some absolutely horrible ones.

Attached: 1515936094075.jpg (1200x810, 645.47K)

Guys, the purist strawman is all I have. Don't take it away.

>sovl
>soulless