Why do JRPG protagonists have such terrible designs?

Why do JRPG protagonists have such terrible designs?

Attached: 1655487715202.jpg (4769x3932, 1.42M)

this looks good even by todays standards
nowadays its waifu this waifu that or a strong white man protag
we need more cute boys in video games

Sora was never cute.

Left is bad.
Right is GOAT.

Most of them are missing one or both parents, so it's not like they ever learn to dress themselves in a way to not look like massive clowns.

>ywn have a friendship shota
It's not fair bros. Rex and Sora are so cute.

I'm not gay, but Rex's design makes me want to fuck him.

I’ll never forgive square Enix for what they did to ff12, we could’ve had a vagrant story 2, but no, let’s insert boi waifu for profits

Sora look is fucking weird if you try to make realistic sense of it but it's an iconic and memorable design in a good way.
The KH 1 gang are just good designs.

Attached: sora-kari-riku.jpg (820x600, 240.13K)

FBPB

>thigh windows
>most of his upper body is exposed, including his chest and armpits
>underneath his heavy Salvager's gear is nothing but a tight, little, skimpy bodysuit
>in-game model has a very noticeable bubble butt
>would have a good build due to all his Salvaging, fighting, and adventuring
>always believes in (You)
In other words, good. His Master Driver design is even better.

Left at least makes sense for what it's designed around, Rex is a deepsea diver and even has the big ass helmet on his back. Sora just looks like a retard with clown shoes

Right is bad, left is GOAT

I never noticed those stupid overalls(?) that Riku has on just his pants
I can sort of understand Sora wearing that retarded red onesie because it at least is good for the warm weather, but why is Riku wearing pants over his pants???? And why do they have the parachute thing going on too?

oh fuck i can never unsee it now too

>it makes sense to dress like a retard if you dive into the ocean

Don't think about it too hard, they look good at a distance and in motion overall but thinking about the details too hard makes it look utterly retarded. I think the logic of their designs are more based heavily on the cartoon logic of designs looking ridiculous but with the average person glazing over it and paying attention to the main colors and silhouette.
It's too bad Nomura fucked it all up with the later designs.

Attached: Sora_Riku_Kairi.jpg (1200x1200, 154.02K)

you can just say you don't know what you're talking about, it's much shorter to type

Stealth shotathread?

He doesn't have to wear it all the time.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you can change clothing in Xenoblade Chronicles. So if he's wearing it all the time, that's your fault

>It's too bad Nomura fucked it all up with the later designs.
They are finally wearing normal clothes.

Good job revealing the fact you never played 2