GOG

Why are you not buying on GOG anons? you do know that the games you buy here dont have DRM right? stop being a steamconzoomer

Attached: 67.jpg (1037x1027, 96.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/forum/general/lists_games_that_need_galaxy_for_multiplayer_and_the_ones_that_dont/page1
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjwUN1mtJdCkgtTDRB2IoFp7PP41fraY-oFNY00fEkI/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would if they had more modern games.

I bought simcity 2000 and 3000

I bet the marketeer that thought of the "DRM free" tagline when they were still "Good Old Games" either killed himself or was hunted down by his colleagues and harvested for organs.

>GOG had the one game I have on Steam but doesn't work because the DRM is dead
>It get removes and it never comes back on GOG
I just want an easily accessible way of playing Chronicles of Riddick

Attached: riddick-assault-on-dark-athena.jpg (1280x715, 246.3K)

I'm broke

Attached: 1528755135301.jpg (399x464, 45.57K)

If GOG didn't appeal to the DRM autists they would have no market at all

I have been buying more games on gog than on steam lately

When is Soul Reaver coming back to gog?

free gog games

GOG has almost no new games.

I told you already.
>developers tend to ignore the GOG version in favor of the Steam version
>Missing most new games
>I already backup my favorite Steam games to play without Steam
>I will not buy old games and give money to Activision or whoever owns the license

I started using it immediately when it launched, and now have 378 games on GOG. I like it a lot.
However in case of multiplayer, I usually buy on Steam because if I'm going going to need a launcher, I'll just use the one I'm already using.

>GOG is anti-DRM
Reminder that all proprietary software is, by definition, DRM.

Because if GOG dies you still lose access to all your games. Once the GOG servers shut down that's it, it's over, your games are gone forever, if you want them back you'll have to pirate them anyway so why not just pirate them from the get go?

No, the average person does not have a storage center where they can back up their terabytes video game data, they are entirely at the whims of this one corporation honoring their purchase by not collapsing within their life time. Digital purchases are inherently a scam.

wtf are you talking about

Because I don't give a shit DRM
I don't play AAA shit, so the "muh DRM" meme doesn't affect me, I can mod my games on Steam freely
And for a store that has a mascot that uses Japanese artstyle, GOG has a severe lack of Japanese games
GOG could've been a good store for old games, instead, it became poor man's steam

Attached: die.png (283x268, 71.62K)

> use Windows
> absolutely love GOG and they're my first choice for games (despite all the stupid bullshit they did with Taiwan and Cyberpunk 2077)
> switch to Linux
> switch back to Steam because of the launcher's built-in Proton support

Can't have open-source both ways. To be fair, GOG's forums tend to have a lot of support for patches and .dll files that support Linux, but it's still not nearly as convenient as just plugging in GE for a relatively new game and being able to play with everyone else.

Physical releases are resilient to service downtime. It's a minor point but it's still somewhat valid.

> GOG is poor man's Steam

They're basically a less consistent itch.io

do you need a launcher for a MP game? Or does it just streamline the process?
Like if someone wanted a mon hun like game.

You don't own digital games. If GOG goes under so too will your collection. GOG isn't going to keep hosting your library for free, once the lights go out it's all gone. So what's the point? You're screwed either way so might as well just pirate.

If you don't own a physical game, you don't own a game. Simple as that.

if only there was some way to store digital games locally

Some games like the recent Lego ones straight-up use Steam's streaming service to do multiplayer.

you can download the full game from gog though and store it on your personal storage and make copies that work on other computers so you do have ownership as long as you are willing to set aside space to save this stuff, you can even burn it to disks
steam allows you to make backups of games but i don't believe they will work without the steam software

I own 1380 games on gog and 292 wishlisted

I do, I've got over 300 games on GOG since starting. I've re-bought a good chunk of my Steam library too. I generally don't buy a game without checking GOG first, and if it's not a MUST HAVE for me personally, I don't buy on any other platform

Attached: 1643095035964.jpg (480x360, 16.81K)

It depends on the game, some have standalone multiplayer while others rely on the launcher's networking.
Here's a (probably incomplete) list
gog.com/forum/general/lists_games_that_need_galaxy_for_multiplayer_and_the_ones_that_dont/page1

Some devs also don't care about feature parity on GOG or abandon them later so you end up having a worse version, see
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjwUN1mtJdCkgtTDRB2IoFp7PP41fraY-oFNY00fEkI/edit#gid=0

Just playing devil's advocate for the other guy, but I think the complaint is that the scalability of local back-ups is a responsibility that's been offloaded to the customer (you). With physical releases, you'd already have 1000 local copies of your games if you bought 1000 games. With digital, you have to go out of your way to set up storage media and burn discs. If GOG suddenly shits itself overnight, they're not responsible if you forgot to back up your games.

Personally, I think that's just an inevitable part of doing so much stuff online, but there's a clear shift in terms of responsibility.

SE is working on updating it apparently. No ETA though

>if gog goes under so does your collection
If you're retarded and don't backup your games maybe. That's the biggest advantage of GOG, retard.

They lack games and a community.
I wish they did or they could integrate with steam.

I prefer Steam for new games where as GOG I just prefer buying the good old games they offer.

Why buy games on GOG if youre not backing up the installers? thats like the whole point of DRM free