Haven't they learned their lesson with Dark souls 2?

Haven't they learned their lesson with Dark souls 2?
What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: Elden_Ring_Box_art.jpg (275x344, 28.99K)

They learned their lesson all the way to the biggest payout yet and a guarunteed 10m+ for their next game

>Haven't they learned their lesson with Dark souls 2?
Yeah about that...

Attached: 1647355212005.jpg (1000x1022, 315.05K)

>haven't they learned their lesson with Dark souls 2?
No. They repeated every mistake they made with that game and then some. They showed they learned nothing
>what the fuck were they thinking?
Thinking? user we've got a week to finish the project there is no time for thinking

>Yui Tanimura
I unironically blame him entirely for the soullessness of the game

thanks yui for saving elden ring from being another soulless rehash and making it another innovative masterpiece like DaS2

They were thinking that they wanted to make loads of money.

They did, that's why the game is literally flawless.

I had my doubts, I hate openworld because quality tends to be all over the place (enemy camps with no context or purpose, map too big with enemies aimlessly wandering around). But once I reached Stormeveil castle I loved it, extremely well done legacy dungeons. Horse combat is kinda overpowered. Will buy when discounted.

>he was right
Apologize. Now.

Attached: Matthewmatosis.jpg (900x900, 31.92K)

literally what does ds2 have to do with elden ring?

quantity over quality

Elden Ring is what DaS2 should have been but was limited by development hell and old gen consoles
Massive upgrade from DaS3, hardly an achievement tho

i can see that, but ds2 just flat out sucked. if ds2 wouldve just used ds1 engine and had similar stamina/movement (and no ridiculous dead zone on the left analog stick that ruined the game by itself) it wouldve been at least passable despite still being their worst game by far. i could tell ds2 was shit literally 5 seconds into the network test. elden ring is still a great game but it does have a lot of content i dont feel the need to go through again.

DS2 had good concepts, tons of 'em but bad execution. PvP was finally well balanced and that alone provided countless of hours in the arena, hell, even PvE felt like a challenge due to stamina management, DS3 movement was a mistake.

>quantity over quality
You can't explain this to "gamers", they would all prefer 150 hours of 8/10 content instead of 15 hours of 9.5/10 content. People praising the legacy dungeons in this game don't realize how retarded they sound.

You just know its GOTY when it mindbreaks Any Forums for 4 months straight

12 million sold in less than year this game broke this board and im so happy

this is what happens when le niche hardcore series gets mass appeal. the autists are forced to start hating it because the normies took their "thing" again.

There’s only one thing I don’t like. Zero customization of torrent. Can’t put cool armor on him to match your style is a serious missed opportunity.

>I unironically blame him entirely for the soullessness of the game
he probably saved the game you retard
dark souls 3 was awful

2009 Any Forums would have loved this game. DeS threads were peam comfy. Both PVP and PVE were a broken unbalanced mess but no one cared because it was fun. There wasn't any of this shitflinging over poise or dex or w/e.
Same thing happened to MonHun. Daily threads with OC and bro-op but now its just the same argument about how your weapon of choice is bad. (Lancers are based tho)

Maybe next time dont simply accept 10 threads by transgenders paid by marketing companies

>Both PVP and PVE were a broken unbalanced mess but no one cared
People had little expectations

Obsessed
In other words, the critics are just angry that the game isnt balanced in their own favor.

OBLIGATORY

Attached: Elden Ring Ashes.jpg (1652x1740, 463.9K)

The skills in CV suck ass