How the fuck do I play this stupid game?

I just want to play MUGEN so I can beat up Homer Simpson as Peter Griffin.

Attached: die of beetues.jpg (800x600, 100.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ikemen-engine/Ikemen-GO/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=kKo94CXTgnM
mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6860-vselect-tunglashor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't play mugen, mugen plays you

you just download the game online
github.com/ikemen-engine/Ikemen-GO/releases
this is the best version
as for adding characters, also download them online then drag their folder into the 'chars' folder
then go to data/select.def (open in notepad) and add the name of that characters folder to the list

Attached: 20220311045230_1.jpg (1920x1080, 489.6K)

Wow, that is actually pretty simple. All tutorials on YouTube are convoluted as fuck. Thanks!

Well, it works, but I can only play as Kung Fu Man.....

Do I REALLY have to manually add dozens of character manually?

yea. i think theres an external utility that does it but it ends up being more work than just adding the name in notepad

if the char isnt appearing on charselect, check that the characters folder and the .def file inside that folder have identical names. they have to be for it to work, and some uploaders give them different names for whatever reason

also its the actual folder that you need to drag into chars, not the zip file itself, incase you did that

Either that or you go for downloading someone elses' character pack.
For example, there's a guy who made an entire DBZ fighting game in the engine with its own sprites and shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=kKo94CXTgnM

>download mugen
>download homer
>download Peter
What a fucking paradox this is like da Vinci’s code but for reeeeeal

Here you go, user
mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6860-vselect-tunglashor

>How the fuck do I play MUGEN?

What is this? 2008?

Also worth noting some characters will break and just not work in different MUGEN versions.

Attached: mathrus.png (1024x577, 407.38K)

ive never had that happen personally from all the characters i got from mugenarchives. i think its only old ass winmugen characters that break, everything 1.0 and later should work with ikemen

Oh shit is Mugen open source now?
Did they finally get rid of all the fucking weird .act files and shit too cause making characters was an absolute nightmare

Who wins here?

it's an open source recreation of mugen, i wouldn't recommend it since many characters will have bugs since it's basically another engine

Duh, a different version of Mugen would have bugs. In a way though, it's a necessary upgrade to make the game just that less shit.
They better start porting characters.

Post the crazy instakill ones.

Right now theres many full game projects that use Ikemen GO instead of regular Mugen.

Look up Gensokyo reloaded, Kirby battle blitz or buy The Black Heart on steam.

All those games seem to be working fine.

Also, the engine is about to reach 1.0 soon and almost all mugen features are working.

Dalter

it's really not nessecary unless you plan on getting an internet friend to play it with you some day, only like 4 authors make use of ikemen's features and even then they just show it off

best mugen games?

I looked up Ronald McDonald and I got the crazy gigantic Ronald saying "ran ran ru!".