22.5 years of game reviews

wtf happened in 2007 to universally change the minds of critics, but not the users?

Attached: Meta Critic.png (801x598, 90.05K)

You can see when the westernfags/moviefags started to flood in 2006-2007 and ruined the industry, journos being desperate for attention had to pander to those morons.

I imagine that's when publishers started dumping money into the game journalism industry. Isn't it around then that online game journals started plastering ads in every margin they could spare?

7th generation of console gaming started in 2005.

Gaming journalism relies on publishers good will, which is why they started to sellout over time.
Players started to be more reactive as medium started to be more normie-friendly(aka angry mob)

Any Forums and other forums realized they could use user reviews to troll people, throw fits about minor inconveniences, and beg for ports.

DARPA won

Attached: 1649186344633.jpg (1024x533, 45.84K)

Moviesgames took hold and the industry started planting their own normie journos into positions in order to sell these moviegames to normies

Attached: 1518664287329.jpg (1120x1000, 398.92K)

iPhone came out in 2007

woke capital happened

Corruption.

Attached: consider.jpg (1024x805, 130.97K)

Attached: Weeb.jpg (1600x900, 293.75K)

You’re totally misreading the graph. It’s showing critics are marginally more positive about games, whereas users are extremely more negative. If there was this huge dump of cash to make critics shill for games, it doesn’t look like it worked.

Zoomers will look at this and see their favourite games.
Me, a boomer, see that as the death of the industry.
>If there was this huge dump of cash to make critics shill for games

The point is that videogames got worse but journos won't acknowledge this, else how are they gonna keep their jobs? The company they write their shitty reviews for needs funds, this wasn't different in the previous decades but at least some magazines back then actually reviewed good games that deserved those 10/10, when one corrupt motherfucker gives overpriced shovelware like TLOU 10/10 i automatically know he is getting paychecks from the publishers of that game.

>wtf happened in 2007 to universally change the minds of critics, but not the users?
halo 3

Nepotism.

whoosh

Basically all paper magazine, which used to give you a game or demk with each copy, went out of business. Having to rely on advertising killed them. Also women.

>Also women.
Women owe me sex too user.

Mass Effect 3 was a catalyst
When did it come out?

they started to get paid

Attached: 1654978039198.gif (480x634, 2.1M)

death of the middle class, with journalists being one of the few "survivors".