Good place for a newfag to start playing 4X games?

Good place for a newfag to start playing 4X games?

Attached: Distant_Worlds_cover.jpg (463x215, 99.04K)

>space
master of orion
endless space

>1 world
civilization IV
endless legend

>avoid
distant worlds
humankind
stellaris
civilization VI

Master of Orion 2016 with the 5X and UCP mods.

Why should I avoid distant worlds?

niggkiller: armada

Why avoid stellaris? I tried it on a free weekend and thought it was very easy to understand

Not him but
>paradox

>when Any Forums gets a retard poster

Attached: 1648835345683.jpg (1440x1440, 371.11K)

fucking nigger

First post, worst post.

Endless Legend is pretty underrated, most expansions are good though there are Iike one or two latter ones you’ll see were made by a different company of dubious quality

Has good story and roleplaying elements to it, and a very pleasant UI. Combat seems really clunky until you figure it out but at best it’s average -> above average. Overall a lot of the game and expansions were made with soul

play X4 and just do things at your pace.

Well sins of a solar empire has to be considered here as well. Easy to get into

Not that one.

Try Master of Orion 2 (the one from the 90s). Still looks and plays good and can be bought for cheap.

If you want RTS but still feels 4x you can try Sins of a Solar Empire.

Attached: images (1).jpg (500x496, 39.78K)

Too reliant on automation. Doesn't give you enough direct control and has a lot of mechanics to learn to make the economy work. It doesn't teach you those mechanics well either, and the UI is slow janky old shit. It's a good game, but don't play it as your first.

Civ V with expansions is very solid to start with.

Endless Legend or Endless Space 2 are good as well but their base tutorials never got updated with all the new expansion mechanics

Dominions 5 for complete depth but it’s hard to get into the multiplayer meta.

Endless Legend or Civ for ease

No. Leave it out of this thread. Not a good 4x game at all.

>>avoid
>distant worlds
fuck off, I want the game treating me like a real emperor. I expect my trusty minions to handle the whole tasks. I simply tell them to do what I want. I am not doing it for them, so I expect them to do it for me.

Pretty much this. I really enjoy Distant worlds 2.

>stellaris
After the last patch, it is much better. A bit more on automation.

>Automated Exploration and Automated Research are now available from the start of the game rather than being tech-locked.
>Construction ships now have an Automated Construction mode, which will automatically build Research and Mining Stations over appropriate deposits. (It will not automatically build Observation Stations, Hyper Relays, or other constructions.)

Sounds interesting. I will check it out.