Replaying the entire atlus catalog and damn I forgot how kino pic related is last time I played I was a wee lad

Replaying the entire atlus catalog and damn I forgot how kino pic related is last time I played I was a wee lad.

Story is a bit odd as is typical with atlus games up to this point but there's something oddly satisfying with filling up all the mantras and the soundtrack is just stellar.

Attached: 372629-shin-megami-tensei-digital-devil-saga-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 93.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uDb2MxUl31w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I played it more than a decade ago and never finished it, no fusion and the slow pace of the plot bored me. I loved eating enemies being a gameplay mechanic, that was my favorite thing about it.

I also enjoy shin megami tensei Vore edition

Attached: Argillaprithivi.jpg (1340x2160, 648.6K)

>no demon fusion
>no demon conversations
not a real megaten game

Yeah I couldn't tell you what the story was about, all I remember back then is just it having really nuts endgame bosses...the 4 guardian beasts, long, uhh Metatron? Prolly forgetting some, just remember there being ALOT of backtracking for them.

youtu.be/uDb2MxUl31w

DDS2 has some really good battle themes, but nothing will beat the normal battle theme in DDS1.

The story goes completely batshit in the sequel.

Yeah I can listen to this song for hours it's got a nice sound, definite banger.

It's a spinoff for a reason slowfriend.

Attached: titaniapls.png (871x647, 478.85K)

Cielo is Atlus' gift to gamers.

>AY BRUDDA I FOUND DIS

Bad taste from Any Forums as usual.
You guys might actually be retarded. It's pretty obvious what's going on if you have even the tiniest bit of genre awareness.

Extreme number of random encounters made me drop it during the first dungeon. Should I give it another go?

Did you play any other SMT games?

I haven't got this running on emulator yet but the soundtrack sounds incredible.

Currently playing nocturne. Just beat second kalpa and it feels like there are less random encounters. I am playing on normal so that might have to do something with it

Nigger I was barely a teenager when I played this the first time. All I remember was killing and eating everything, there was no "genre"

I'll admit for a while I just retreated, but eventually I just turned off my brain and turned on automode.

Baroque > all smt

Baroque is pretty fucking good and definitely outclasses the weaker SMT games. Its remake was embarrassing though.

DDS1/2 port when?

>Roguelite

zzzzzz

>Have a game
>remove a crucial element and call it a spin-off
wow

>SMT
>just another jrpg
zzzzzzzzzzz

>*plays Nocturne once*