Favorite Steam Next Fest demo? Mine's pic related

Favorite Steam Next Fest demo? Mine's pic related.

Attached: file.png (1200x1600, 2.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1708320/GRAPPIN/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm making slow progress but for me it's probably You Suck at Parking so far. I still have 68 more to try.

Signalis is the best one so far. Otheres that i tried and were really good are
>the unliving
>potion permit
>selaco
>dome keeper
>nine sols

Signalis seems good, reminds me of 2D horror inide games you'd find on russian websites in 2008.

>Selaco
Demo was fun af but a female protag is so lame.

Is Zane really gonna try to charge money for this? I've seen DOOM wads with better quality

Vacant Kingdom!

Attached: download.jpg (297x170, 10.44K)

I hate how all these demos give you like half an hour of unskippable story before giving you the tutorial and then finally letting you play. As if I care about the story when I'm trying to evaluate if your game is even worth playing in the first place.

I tried You Suck at Parking and it's just meh. Feels like it could get interesting but not having a reverse feels more like a gimmick than a good gameplay idea.

Dawn is fucking awesome

Attached: 65465487.png (662x1391, 1.33M)

>threads keep getting archived because of E3 spammers
I hate this place sometimes.

Mirrored Soul

partially copypasta'd from last thread
>Silent Swan
Checked this out only because the idea of an open world narrative game seemed like it would be a total trainwreck. Surprisingly interesting and with great voice acting, but at a certain point it expected me to go find three random macguffins and my patience ran out. Movement is slow as fuck but the characters are fairly chatty, so I put up with it for about an hour.
>The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo
Quirky point and click adventure game, but I think you're mostly meant to play it for the animation and art, which is admittedly quite endearing. Demo is less than ten minutes long, you'll know if you like it.
>The Tarnishing of Juxtia
2D souls game, basically the only mechanical difference is that if you land enough hits you can trigger accelerated mana and HP regen. Looks and plays nicely, but it's nothing innovative.
>Siphonopolis
Weird as fuck mouse only shooter(?) adventure(?) game. It feels like a menacing, abstract 60s sci fi art piece, but the game is absolutely dogshit aside from that. Shit controls and level ""design"", and it earrapes you every time you complete an objective.
>Frogun
Cute 3D retro platformer, but the grappling mechanics are annoying as fuck because your movement isn't fixed to the grid, and aiming at distant blocks requires you to line yourself up without walking into an instant death pit. Fairly fun, but the music isn't very good.
>Vacant Kingdom
Quirky (in a good way) adventure game with bullet hell combat. Good music, nice level of difficulty, and tight controls. Judging by the advertised length, the demo is a third of the full game.
>Gloomwood
Thief with guns. As far as I can tell the demo is basically the same as last year, but it was great back then too.
>Lorn's Lure
Atmospheric concrete megastructure climbing game. This year's demo is actually worse, they decided to make it more arcadey and challenge based rather than the moody exploration game it was before.

>aiming at distant blocks requires you to line yourself up without walking into an instant death pit
Holding down right-click will cause you to stand in place and swivel, with a line indicating where you're aiming at.

Attached: 1655488972116.png (374x490, 37.9K)

Metal Hellsinger

We dont know shit about the protagonist yet but i think they are doing a good job handling her. I did not feel like she once got annoying once.

>Eyes in the Dark
The flashlight-based combat is a bit unique. You have a secondary thing with ammo and trajectory and everything, but your primary is mostly just a solid beam/stream/plume/etc depending on the kind of bulb you have in the flashlight. Almost all the options are constant sprays at relatively close range, though, so combat is not so much you worrying about hitting the enemy and more you focusing on dodging their attacks while you hold the light on them. There's a "screen is covered in darkness and you have to use the flashlight to get rid of it" mechanic, but the enemies all have glowing eyes anyway, so there's not really much purpose to it beyond hiding chests in a room.
Give it a shot if you like roguelites.

>Pure Logic
Demo was too short to really get a feel for the difficulty of the puzzles, but ultimately, it's just logic gates.
Might be a useful game for someone trying to learn the subject.

>Mark's Magnificent Marble Maze
It's a "tilt the stage to move a ball to the goal and don't let it fall off" kind of puzzle, so if you like those, you might like it.
Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. There's a decent amount of difficulty in some of the puzzles once it introduces gaps you can fall through, at least.

>Dome Keeper
A 2D game where you alternate between mining blocks for resources to upgrade your base and base defense segments that happen at regular intervals where you have to kill a wave of enemies.
I actually played this one last Next Fest, when it was called Dome Romantik. Not much has changed aside from a graphics overhaul, but reading what I wrote on it last time, it does seem they tweaked the difficulty a bit so it starts off manageable and increases at a good rate as you get upgrades rather than starting off very punishing and becoming easier as you snowball upgrades. I enjoyed it just as much as I did last time.
Would recommend.

bump because I have to make a list

store.steampowered.com/app/1708320/GRAPPIN/
Quite good if you like icy mountains and grappling hook platforming.

Attached: ss_63cbb62f0a64513c7a0c90fb0b00b29d229598fb.jpg (1920x1080, 216.29K)

Pry into the Void is great, Mirrored Soul's alright

I tried every VR demo.

Steam Next Fest VR Demos June 2022
>Good
Not Good

B3: Yet another shooting gallery.
Battle Talent: Fight waves with swords.
>Blacktop: Basketball, only good for dunking. Defense shows why no one else made this by now.
Blockstar: Crashes.
Backrooms: Crashes.
Burial Stone: Grid based dungeoncrawl without motion controls.
Death Duel: Multiplayer only and there is no practice.
Dixtomia: Controls broken.
>Downfast: Ride a bike down a hill. Only 1 race.
Dream Catcher: Crashes.
Escape from Mandrill: Walk around in the dark and press a lot of virtual buttons.
Gardenia: Crashes.
>Grid Leaper: Fun speed climbing. Best demo of this round.
Guardian mage: Draw and combine spells, yet another tower defense.
Hyper Stacks: Climbing/combat game with a level editor but it doesn't have any levels.
Just Upstream: Walking simulator but you are a frog.
>Kayak: Kayak racing in a pretty canyon. 2nd best.
*Maestro: There is no way in hell a single human has ever completed a song. *So bad you should try it.
Mayhem Rainbow: Yet another shooting gallery.
Mount Wingsuit: Puke simulator.
Paradox Hope: Metro clone? Crashes trying to start a mission.
Plasmatic: Rotate pipes to match colors. Can't skip overly long tutorial.
Punji: Fight in an ugly Vietnam and you can't bend over.
Requisition: Cool improvised weapon crafting, but multiplayer only.
Rfvr: Morrowind without sound or anything to do.
>Ruinsmagus: Anime mage but the dungeons are boring.
Shibainu: Chop bamboo at 20fps and tracking doesn't register half the time.
Space Salvage: Pilot a spaceship to pick up boxes.
Spy Robot: What am I supposed to do?
Sultan of Egypt: Crashes.
Tomb Explorer: Climb a tomb but the climbing is annoying.
Volcanic Core: Gamepad only tank controls. Shoot at tanks.

Attached: n64HZjkt_4x.png (280x200, 58.3K)

>Celestial Project
It's not bad, kinda like Into The Breach, Problem is that enemies become too strong too fast, hope it's because this is a demo and not how it is intended to play. Also some weapons are way better than others like the sword that hits twice in a line, giving an attack chip making it stronger or the drone who can block a tile and damage all adjacent enemies. Killing the drone to get equipment is almost impossible because it's on the enemy side and it can become a suicide mission if you want to get it.
>Kamifuda
expected Yu-Ri-Oh!, got harry potter meets lovecraft with shadowverse. was ok, demo was damn long and didn't finish it, mostly a VN and Vix best girl.
>Deadland 4000
simple yet tricky, is more strategy than rpg because you don't have levels and only get skills by using a book for 90 turns and a vice with radiation that are mostly bad but can be helpful depending on how you play. it's promising.
>Curse Crackers
Didn't play for long but enough to know it felt good to play, like how the character is pretty flexible with her moveset and looks good.
>Depersonalization
It is interesting but there's too little to do beside creating a character and then do a VN CYOA section without any kind of reward. looks promising I think. I like that it uses Call Of Cthulhu ttrpg.
>Last Command
Snake if he bullet hell, it was good and got my ass kinda kicked because I choose a higher difficulty. Pretty good and looks charming.
>Quit Today
Like most beat 'em ups with levels it's kinda boring until you play a bit, then it becomes way better. a shame because this is a demo so I can't really see how far can you go. It was fun gonna play it when it comes out.
>Couch Combat
it's like Totally Accurate BattleGrounds but with SPLIT SCREEN and round based, it was stupid fun.
>Escape Academy
The rooms where good so far and liked the split screen too, I recommend.

have to play Nine Sols now, everyone said it's good so you better not be lying about it.