Is it one of the best JRPGs of all time?

is it one of the best JRPGs of all time?

Attached: 853EFA3A-FEF0-49F7-B262-248F69116E32.jpg (250x357, 25.78K)

LMAO

single handed killed his own masterpice series
From Humanity with technology can fight God and Satan to i am edgy kids who change his body thanks puberty

LMAO

Attached: b1a.jpg (680x680, 92.36K)

Before being the best of all times it actually needs to be at least decent you know. Nocturne isn't even within the Top 100.

V is III but not a tiring slog to play through
>b-but muh atmosphere/story/characters/irrelevant shit that doesnt matter
Its a GAME, and if the GAME PLAYS like shit then its not a good GAME

fag bait

Every mainline SMT is one of the best JRPGs of all time

No, it IS the best JRPG of all time.

Attached: demifiend.jpg (620x537, 124.76K)

There is nothing wrong with Nocturne's gameplay, its hard as fuck and grindy at times but other than that its fun.

It's an amazing game.
The battle system it introduced is excellent. The music is great, the atmosphere is superb. The graphics were pretty good for the time.
And the Maniax re-release features Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

>The graphics were pretty good for the time.

Aside from the locations being quite spartan the models and effects look great. I'd also say that the music is very competent but SMT IV mogged it, i agree that the atmosphere is amazing, they don't make games like this anymore but unironically.

>barely any dungeons, the most interesting one was nerfed in an update
>you can walk past enemies
>you can teleport back to save points with no cost, absolutely no resource management
>you have to go back to school for cutscenes
>only enemies that are challenging are bosses
>ubisoft towers, icons and quests
>characters try to have more personality, ends up ruining the desolated atmosphere of nocturne, but characters are not interesting enough when compared to persona
modern jrpgs are completely pointless

I like III and V's soundtracks more than IV.

The transition into Reason battle for the first time during Ahriman battle and the V ending theme in particular are peak for the series first me

It is, and it's funny how one of the best JRPGs is essentially a clone of dinosaur era western RPG (Wizardry).

wizardry's formula is really good

It is, buts its sad how in decades Japs can't come up with a design to even rival it.

Maybe WRPGs shouldn't have forgotten Wizardry, you can learn a lot from the basics.

It's one of the best video games of all time. It is the definition of inspired. Atlus must've had some high level freemasons working on it.

Nocturne was originally imagined as an open world game with no dungeons. Console limitations wouldn't allow it. Hallway dungeons again was the compromise.

V's world isn't even designed like an Open World, they're designed like the Sectors of Strange Journey. They're just giant dungeons that aren't restricted to cramp hallways except for a few key locations.

Because V is hit by console limitations too funny enough. The game doesn't even run that well.

there's a bunch of videogame genres that came from japan

zelda already existed on the n64, it was very much possible to make it, it would also be a much worse game, it's like making mario but with only the overworld and no levels

gameplay isn't everything retard. Gameplay is like a car. You can have a souped up car, but if you have nowhere to drive it, it's worthless. I'd rather have a functional, but not amazing car but have cool places to drive it in

Its hit by console limitations in the sense that it runs somewhat poorly but its not to the extent where it limited the creative process as far as we know, its not really the same thing