Bravo, Nomura. Bravo, Nojima

Bravo, Nomura. Bravo, Nojima.
Finished Jack's game last night. It was fucking awesome. Who else played it? What did you think?

Attached: chaos fistbump.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

It seemed like a shitpost up until the floating continent, but then everything clicked.

I found it a boring mess
A ridiculous bad game

Waiting on the steam release.

games that homosexuals will never understand

Nomura's role on the game wasn't as big as his other games. He did the design art of the main human characters and was producer + was the one who wanted the idea of a "rough man in final fantasy". But he was not the director or writer.

Also, I'm getting the collector version of the game either today or tomorrow. I'll see if I can scan shit there;

Attached: 1648092822042.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Bullshit.

Post game missions where you fight three bosses in a row in chaos mode is the most frustrating experience I've had in gaming.

Solid 7.5/10. Rough around the edges but easily the best Final Fantasy game in the past 7 years. The load times and performance issues are unfortunate. I'd love to see a sequel that does a proper hub city, streamlines the equipment system a bit, and adds some challenges that take advantage of specific jobs and combinations.

At first I thought 'this is a cool B game.', then, I was like 'This is an awesome A game.'

Fingers crossed this continues as a series/style of FF game.
Beating on various FF Enemies as Jack was priceless.

>Do you remember me, Jack?

I thought it was janky. Solid 6 from me.

What about that part made it click for you?
For me, it was reading the in-between mission notes, they were mentioning different dimensions. First we got Crystal Tower and Dimension 3. When we arrived in the snowy mountain and they said it resembled a peak from Dimension 10, I immediately said "Mount Gagazet". Then Ash started talking about loss, and about pride, which was either about himself or Kimahri's horn. The water facility was modeled after Dimension 7's Mako Reactors harnessing power from planets. The floating island, of course, was FF6. They always mentioned in the Fool's Missives what dimensions each thing came from.

Christ. I haven't done this at all yet. I kind of don't want to. Game was hard enough for me.

>Solid 7.5/10. Rough around the edges but easily the best Final Fantasy game in the past 7 years.
Excellent take. My flaws, aside from load times (on PS4, which I didn't mind really) were related to too much junk gear.

I would love this but the game sold horribly. Like, 3rd worst in the franchise history. Pic related.

Attached: chaos bs.jpg (1316x738, 317.9K)

Surprisingly good. I just wish there were a few missions at the end where you play as Jack in his full suit of armor.
Makes me wonder if that Warriors of Light dlc will have you play as Jack against them or the other way around, maybe both would be sick.
Good gameplay buit Nioh 2's is better, I'm hoping the Wo Long game plays more like Nioh than this.

I would say this game is 7.5 maybe 8/10 for me right now. I love how goddamn genuine it is with its story and characters while also having pretty fun gameplay. I never played any other FF games so i dont know if that would make me like the game more or less. If the dlc is good might make the game score even higher.

GOTY 2022
Very charming cast performed very well and pretty good soundtrack
Game is fun
I EXPECT TO BE IMPRESSED

Attached: 1650736374085.jpg (1638x2048, 799.41K)

>I never played any other FF games s
ok so when you say its 7 or 8....against what are you comparing it to? To which standards are you upholding it? If this is 8 whats your 10. Genuine question.

>GOTY 2022
>Very charming
Agreed.
>cast performed very well
This might be the most important factor outside of the genuinely good gameplay loop. Only one or two lines fell flat, but the cast, especially Jack, carry this game (in English). My gf and I have been Jack-posting and fist bumping IRL for the last week while we played through the game. So much charm.
>pretty good soundtrack
Battle theme NEVER got tiring. Great job.
>Game is fun
That raw power feeling when you burst a monster. Fuck.

Attached: chaos get in.jpg (795x768, 94.92K)

I dont think there is a 10/10 game that exists. I liked dragons dogma and i think the combat in SoP compares well to it regarding jobs and gear but comparing those 2 overall is a moot point in a way since they are very different games. Really it just comes down to how much fun i had playing SoP and how it came at just the right time for me after feeling a long burnout.
11/10 for me is dark messiah though

>fastest way to get anima crystals is to kill a Hippogriff repeatedly

tell me there's something faster

Attached: 1400487243867.gif (180x200, 629.23K)

Since playing the game, I've also adopted the fist bump. I use it as a greeting and as a show of respect and/or approval
While it is a perfectly normal gesture, the chuuni inside me becomes giddy because it makes me feel like I'm Jack

Attached: 1655321522643.jpg (1920x1080, 181.01K)

There isnt. A single charged tomahawk breaks griffin instantly for 3 crystals. Embrace the grind

>I liked dragons dogma
Oh, I see now. It's because you're based.
I dont think there is a 10/10 game that exists.
Chuunibros rise up. We were at a theme park yesterday and every time we were about to start a ride we would fistbump. One of the rides was a pitch black indoor rollercoaster and I suddenly go "The Darkness is so thick I can taste it". We then spent the entirety of the ride quoting Jack after every major turn on the rollercoaster.

The best part was when we got in queue for the log flume and the tv was broken so the sound system just started playing an episode of a cartoon where a kind of gruff sounding guy goes "C'mon, gang!", followed by lots of effort noises and violent sound effects that clearly indicated they were fighting some monsters. Turns out it was an episode of Scooby Doo, but the voice for Fred was way too deep compared to the classic, so we just started laughing our asses off imagining Jack was with us at Six Flags fighting alongside Scooby and the gang.

Attached: C H A O S.png (326x524, 166.29K)