*nukes you*

why would ghandi do that ?

Attached: AVT_Mahatma-Gandhi_1341.jpg (520x680, 32.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ega5Rcct2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because you are weak and he is strong.

Because even he knows pacifism isn't the answer if your enemy truly wishes to fucking end your existence

you didn't do the needful

Because in an older game of Civ Ghandi's AI was accidentally set to have 10 on his nuclear weapon programming instead of 0 and ever since then the devs for Civ just ran with it.

that's not the reason why

that's not why. it was a bug with gandhi's aggression value when he picks up democracy if he manages to live long enough and it gets shot up to 255 when the max is supposed to be 10 at max.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ega5Rcct2s
No more Mr. "Passive Resistance" He's out to kick some butt.

IRL India would nuke Pakistan in a heartbeat and vice versa given the chance.

His integer overflowed.

“his nuclear weapon programming”
why are zoomers so retarded?

Pretty sure it have to do with overflow glitch

What's retarded about this?

That's not true either, Sid Meier even stated that it wasn't unintentional at all, but opted to give a riddle of a response instead of a reason. The real reason could be anything, maybe they just found it funny as an in joke for all we know.

Pakistan is an indian territory, so no, but they want wipe out every pro-jihadist muslim there

Attached: 1650060489935.png (631x710, 1002.87K)

I'm pretty sure at least one person on their dev team for the original game was a Weird Al fan.
UHF - 1989, Civilization - 1991.

It almost certainly started as an integer overflow bug, but it was intentionally left in as a joke.

hes seething over being born with poo colored skin

Ghandi as you know him is a literal fictional character. Read up on the REAL Ghandi.

> In early 2012, 21 years after the original Civilization was released, a TV Tropes user named Tunafish claimed that a bug existed in Civilization that caused Gandhi to be much more aggressive. Tunafish did not provide any proof.[5][4] In November, the same information was added to Wikia. According to Sid Meier, over the next two years, the story spread across the Internet, and each time someone doubted it, a link to a wiki was used as a proof.

> In 2014, the story gained publicity after a reposted Critical Miss comic caused a discussion in the comment section on Reddit over why Gandhi was made that aggressive. Ten days later, the video game news website Kotaku posted the article "Why Gandhi Is Such An Asshole In Civilization", which prompted other news websites and blogs to republish the information. Because of interest in mass media and the blogosphere, many series fans discovered this story, and "Nuclear Gandhi" became a common video game Internet meme and a joke. Moreover, due to the Mandela effect, many people remembered that they were particularly annoyed by India in the first games of Civilization series.[4] Information about "Nuclear Gandhi" was later added to Know Your Meme, which stated that the bug first appeared in Civilization II.

> Brian Reynolds, who replied: "Although it's been ~20 years since I've seen the Civ 1 code, I can still tell you with 99.99% certainty the Gandhi bug is completely apocryphal." ... Meier stated that he did not know the correct answer, but he thinks that the urban legend is a good thing: "given the limited technology of the time, the original Civ was in many ways a game that took place mainly in players' imaginations", so "I'd be reluctant to limit what that player can imagine by introducing too many of my thoughts". Bratt posted a YouTube video with his investigation's findings.

The Gandhi aggression meme is entirely untrue, hilariously enough. Memes are fucking powerful.

I have. I like both. Imagination and knowledge aren't zero-sum.

Radioactive ash cannot suffer.
[REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE]

Didn't they actually make him super aggressive in Civ 5 as a joke, pretty sure his aggression went up to 12 or something once he unlocked nukes.