Google Stadia

What went wrong?

Attached: Stadia_03_19_19.0.jpg (1200x800, 56.05K)

More than anything else - the pricing structure.
The games are expensive, being full price for something you don't own. It could've worked as a business if they offered a similar pricing structure to gamepass. But it doesn't work that way; instead, a "stadia pro" subscription is required for 4k streams and only gives you a very small amount of mediocre games periodically, whilst all other games are full price otherwise with few sales. Also, the UI is horrible and blatantly unfinished too.

Somebody thought it would be a good idea.

streaming games is a retarded idea.

Physics happened. Streaming over LAN feels trash, you're fucking retarded if you think WAN will ever work.

Attached: 1624286350605.jpg (675x675, 48.98K)

Nogaems. It just needs more games.

damn, shes big.

Mostly, I don't want to pay 60 bucks for a game I can't even install.

imagine the smell

No one ever says 'whilst' in real life, yet faggots on the internet love to type it out when trying to sound smart.

As a brit, people say it irl all the time where I'm from

No one ever says a lot of things in real life because the majority of people are retards who are influenced by the niggerfication of language and as such language used to communicate to them needs to be dumbed down.

You're wrong. Whilst I'm right. Cope.

You have a very poor vocabulary. I assume you are poor and black. Nigger.

I bought Cyberpunk 2077 there. Never had any problem, game runs fine.

*rented

Sure, I rented it by paying it that one time. Whatever.

god i wish that were me

Nothing, it's still good

>still

Only two things - the concept and the execution.

I...i rather not this time.

Google's gatekeeping snubbed a lot of people willing to try it. Up until recently, you couldn't try the free games without putting your credit card information in to sign up for the free trial. Looks like they finally fixed that. They've done the same with their other products like Google+ and Gmail.

This lead to people shitting on the service without even trying it, automatically assuming the lag is atrocious when it's fucking not. It's absolutely fine, especially with the stadia controller, which does make a slight difference.

Mainly though it was Google's management of the service. Microsoft took huge risk and even bigger losses to get Xbox in the door. Short term loss, long term profits.

Google on the other hand took a look at their first quarter numbers, and wasn't happy with it. As a result, they closed their own game studios for exclusive titles, and stopped marketing the service. If we follow Nintendo as an example, those in house games are absolutely vital to show off the unique features of your system, which stadia has a few, namely stream connect, but only a couple 3rd party games support it.

They are making huge improvements under the hood, mostly doing what valve is doing and making it stupid easy to port a windows game to Linux. Right now the major thing hurting Stadia is the lack of games, and the ever present fear of google shutting down the service.

I think in the next couple years with their new porting tools, making it less of an investment of time for developers to port to stadia, we'll see more AAA games. But right now it's just a beat down watching every major title since cyberpunk miss stadia.