Dragon's dogma

About to start this game, any tips or advice?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

Just enjoy it. Don't focus on min/max or best build Try to get into it.

This The game can be tough at times, especially on the Bitterblack Isle, but every class is capable enough to play through it. I really don't like mage though, it's pretty much a support post level 10 and also has the worst stat growths

I tried this game a few years back. Liked the intro but i just hate the fact that iam forced to have a pawn. And the world feels so weird. Couldnt get into it

Do your sidequests
The church in the starting village has an easy sidequest that may be hard to find
Don't start as mage
Buy a new weapon before doing the quest in the village well

>gear is much more important than levels or base stats
>a larger character can carry more but is slower, reverse for a smaller character
>you get less XP with more pawns
>defense is flat, just a few levels or better gear can take you from hitting for 1 damage to doing good enough damage to actually win
>they talk a lot but pawns will occasionally tell you useful things like enemy weaknesses
>the start of the game is pretty slow but once you get to Gran Soren it gets more interesting

Be aware that wolf hunt in packs

You're not forced. Assassin has a bunch of augments that offset not having any pawns.
Just remember OP, the game isn't perfect but try and be open and pay attention to what it does differently and you might enjoy those aspects.

You can literally throw your pawn into the water and never retrieve it from a riftstone, there's even some augments that are meant for going solo.

don't open... ops wrong game

You were fooled by Any Forums the game is shit and I will explain why:

>No indication of where roads lead
>No hint to what enemies are weak to
>No hint of when enemies are alone or in groups
>No warning to avoid status effects
>No clue to which items are masterworks

I don't know how people defend this game.

Mage is a shit vocation for the player, if you want fun magic shit you get the sorcerer vocation once your reach gran soren.
Quests can fail if you progress the main story, the wiki quests page has a spreadsheet which lists which quests fail in case you're paranoid about missing out.
Wolves hunt in packs.
Have fun.

I beat this game back at release on xbox360. I just bought it on steam now. Do I need to use any mods to fix it or anything? PC ports can be broken sometimes.

Attached: 1585448297278.png (1600x720, 132.54K)

It works fine on pc and runs at 60fps unlike consoles, just use a controller

min/maxing ruins the game unless you really like playing assassin/sorc desu. It's also really not worth it.

DDDA is WONDERFUL on PC like most MTFramework/RE games

Is it playable with kb/mouse?

Despite common belief, you don't need to constantly open your inventory in order to use consumables. If you are playing on PC you can press 1 to 5 in your keyboard while hovering an item in order to assign said key to it. If you use a controller you will want to use Steam's controller configuration.

Attached: 1633446780445.jpg (1920x1080, 229.53K)

i recommend playing one of the strider based classes on your first playthrough

Just play the game holy shit. Cancelled quests can be done in ng+

Wolves hunt in packs arisen

Never tried it, I've seen some anons that have keyboard prompts in screenshots so it's probably doable but don't take my word for it

so its alright if play with kbm right?

all roads lead to gran soren

ive seen this joke 1000 times and i enjoy it every time

>any tips or advice?

Attached: 1654364648413.gif (500x500, 335.73K)

I am some 10h into the game now. Is there a way to play two-handed weapons and cast spell buffs?
Playing spellsword right now but eyeing those big weapons.

play strider

yeah, but remember you will never be a real yakuza

maybe you can cheat with dinput8.dll but the animations will probably look wonky

>Is there a way to play two-handed weapons and cast spell buffs?
No, but you can bring a mage/sorcerer pawn for that. Plus there's enchanted weapons that come with buffs pre-baked. Also there's an augment or two in Warrior that Mystic Knight will find useful, so it's never a bad idea to take Warrior to 9 for MK (or any vocation that does physical damage).

Wolves are weak to fire, oh and also all roads lead to gran soren btw.

Don’t fall for the meme. Its a terrible game. Boring kill x quests. Boring fetch quests. Soulless, lifeless world and npcs. Annoying pawn gimmick. Pretty fun combat and exploration, but that is all it has going for it. Otherwise it is chink garbage that is devoid of soul.

Attached: 6E9B70EE-D144-4BFF-854B-D502EB1B10FA.jpg (720x814, 122.04K)

>Dragon's Dogma 2 is real
ITSUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Kek.png (1230x280, 8.68K)

>any tips or advice?
Do not use the increased jump height mod. It may be tempting since the default jump height is pretty shit but using it completely fucks over your pawns because the AI was not designed around it. They will hurl themselves into instant death repeatedly.