What went wrong with Mario sports games?

What went wrong with Mario sports games?

Attached: 1655427540584.png (662x1045, 233.72K)

Played a lot of golf. These games only work if you really love the sport. Otherwise there’s no point.

Camelot sucks and has sucked for the past 15 years and NLG is only good when they can pretend they're Pixar.

SOULESS

Mario Sports games were always shit

Wasn't the point that these games were for people who didn't love the sport? Their quality has gone down unquestionably as they've cut back too much content to be released post-launch. Nintendo is a pioneer in games as a service but instead of them being free they attach it to a 60 dollar purchase. Frankly I'm tired of seeing these games flood used games stores, its clear customers want more out of their purchase.

Originality and style was heavily toned down for sterilization's sake AND the fact that all of those games releases barebones with no extra modes, lack of maps, characters because they fucking want to release that shit as early as possible and release a bunch of the content that should have been on the base game MONTHS after everyone stops playing thus ending the game's lifetime prematurely

Golf and Tennis on GBC and GBA were good, RPG-styled Adventures.

>Played a lot of golf. These games only work if you really love the sport.

You are mentally ill. You don't love the sport. You just love gambling.

Attached: 1641685973301.jpg (3840x2160, 1.86M)

They're designed to have the content drip fed and the reviews are only reflective of the release version.
Aces got substantially better with its many updates
Super rush got mildly better with its few updates
Strikers remains to be seen

Mario Mandate

I shudder to think how they could fuck up a new Mario Baseball game

Strikers is a good game, it has style and sovl.

I like them

Nintendo doesn't make those. Namco did.

They didn't make the ones on OP you fucking retarded zoomer, you know what he meant. Faggot.

Yes they did. Both Camelot and NLG have ownership by Nintendo, in NLG\'s case it's a 100% ownership as they outright bought it.

Less Mario personality in them than previous entries (less applicable to battle league)
Less content at launch that is dripfed afterwards, by which time most players stopped caring about the game because there was nothing to do at launch
Not much reason to play them compared to their older variants

One look at the global obesity rate over time will tell you all you need to know op. That said, Mario golf was fun for me.

Guess you'll have to factor in global IQ rate too if you found Super Rush "fun".

Strikers is a good game, but it lacks content.