GameDev

Should I bother with Python first, or jump straight to C# if I'm planning to use Unity?
Would Python help, in any way at all?

Attached: 1200px-Python-logo-notext.svg.png (1200x1200, 79.9K)

the way you explained your situation gives us no reason to suggest you to use python

i don't know

if u dont know dick about programming just learn python first, a ton of shit is interchangeable and mostly just syntax

python is for accountants
start with raw oldschool c to get grips with programming in general, then jump to sharp

Just go to C#. If you ever want to learn how to actually program, go back and learn Python.

python would make much more sense if you were looking into using godot, gdscript is pretty similar to it. no reason not to start with c# if you want to use unity

Is this a good programming language for a beginner?

Attached: store_home_share (1).jpg (1920x1080, 1.27M)

Straight to Unity.

Python is an interpreted language that, while useful for certain things, will bloat indie pixelshit into AAA performance territory.
Use python to learn if you are too stupid to start with C, like literally every CS degree in existence not run by retards does, but switch to C++ to actually program the thing.
If you can't do any of that, yes, C# is better than python for games, I guess.

Why would he switch from C to C++, you retard? The progression would be C -> C# for a Unity dev.

Python is easier to learn, use and yields faster results but it's uselss in terms of making an actual game that you want to sell. You'll learn stuff that can be used for making a game in C#, but Unity makes gamedev so easy that you barely need C# anyway.

So do whatever you want, because whichever you learn doesn't matter because the only difference is the syntax in the end.

No man what the fuck
You will learn the same skills getting into Python as getting into C# only while getting into C# you will also work towards your goal of being a gamedev.
Python is easier to read/write but it's all frontloaded, once you know how to read stuff between {}'s and realize Python types stuff the same as C#, you just explicitly declare types instead of having Python infer it for you it really makes no difference.
That's like a 1-day increase in learning curve but the end result is you're learning the language you want to use instead.

Now if you had no idea what you wanted to do and just wanted to get into programming because it sounds cool Python would be a great place to start, but moving from one easy language to another one that's almost just as easy if your goal is to use the second one is just madness
>t. backend engineer

You know Unreal exists, right? And even godot has compatibility with c++, iirc.
If he is going to use unity and C#, he might as well just learn programming with Java and skip C completely. But why do I bother talking to you, you probably have no idea what I am talking about.

>learn programming with Java and skip C completely.
don't do this if you don't want your game to be shitcode special

Learn beginner and advanced level c#

>too fucking stupid to get it
Yes you moron that was exactly the point. Stop replying to me, you are too fucking retarded to have a converstion with.

>hey Any Forums, decide my life for the next 20 years

Not gonna make it OP. Go ahead and follow 3 tutorials, learn nothing, and go back to your retail job.

>starting with C instead of C++

Literally just pick a language. The chances you run into some obscure quirk of the language while making a video game are slim to none. On top of that, if you are using an engine like Unity, GC will just be done for you. Performance is not your concern. Making it work is your concern. Then you'll need art, animations, sounds, and all the other little flourishes that'll eat up your time just like learning a language of your choice.

tldr just make it work because picking the "best" language won't matter.

meant for

do not bother with python
unity + C# is good enough

>Would Python help, in any way at all?
python is not used for any proper games at all
the closest thing is gdscript in godot

I would like to learn Unity but every time I play a Unity game it seems terribly optimized. Is that a Unity thing or a Unity dev thing? Like could I not do that or is that just something Unity sucks at.

Learn lua instead

Attached: 15037589982631.jpg (700x933, 60.67K)