2 years ago everyone was losing their minds over how cheap the 3000 series RTX card are given their performance

2 years ago everyone was losing their minds over how cheap the 3000 series RTX card are given their performance.
Today we're being told that, even if you buy them at their original price at release, they aren't worth the money.
Consoom fags are the worst thing to happen to video games.

Attached: pyihdej5r2691.jpg (1080x790, 80.99K)

You know today isn't two years ago, right?

gtfo bot

I knew PC Gamer had fallen off but I never thought they would stoop so low as to hire actual waitfags

On a related topic: New GPUs should have a separate power adapter instead of trying to draw from the PSU in your case.

there are no games to justify upgrading

Attached: 1653932174154.png (1000x871, 535.65K)

>4000 series is coming out in a few months
>Crypto mining is dead
>Gonna get a huge upgrade from my 1660 at a reasonable price
Waitfags won

This. My 970 is old as dirt and it still just werks.

Are zoomers really unable to comprehend that circumstances can change over 2 years

>2 years ago everyone was losing their minds over how cheap the 3000 series RTX card are given their performance.

Really, all I can remember everyone laughing at idiots who bought it because how minimal the performance improvement was for the stupid high price.

My problem is that my 970 doesn't support my monitor's HDR or freesync ("why have that monitor then?" because I got it for free).
And some ports only run at like max 50 fps, and I mean starting from DQXI, that was 2017. Also an issue with Nioh and Nioh 2 etc.

I'm buying a 3060 ti because
>it's cheap now and I plan to buy in a few weeks when hopefully it is even cheaper
>I don't need anything more powerful to play 1440p 60+ FPS on whatever setting I choose
>it could potentially last me years
>the 4060/4070 are rumored to have more ram but at slower bandwidth yet much higher TDPs so I feel like the 40 series would barely be an upgrade at least for someone like me who would be going for either a 60 or 70 card.

I disagree.

Lmao in your dreams

Will the 4000 cards be accessible though? If it's scalper paradise again i'll probably just try get a 3070 or something.

Yeah, you just have to time it right to avoid the inevitable hyperinflation and the Chinese invasion of Taiwan destroying the computer chip industry for a decade.

Why would it be different? Why would anything good ever happen??

>3060ti
>1440 60+ fps on whatever setting I choose
hahhahahahahahahah

>tfw still sitting at 1060 and only have to turn off like 2 options at worst in 95% of games

bitch all I play is Starcraft II
a 1650 is plenty for me

Yeah, i'm expecting it to be shit. My pc is like 15 years old so I might just get a 3000 something if the price drops enough. In the UK it's getting lower but slower than US.

>t. 1080P 45fps enjoyer

the 4xxx and 7xxx arent going to sell at all since you can find used mining gpus for like 1-200 under msrp

>believing these retarded shills
they want you to not buy a GPU so chinks can buy them all up to mine crypto

i got my GPU in the first 4 works of preordering. After i got my GPU, every single store ran out of stock from chink bots.

>buying used gpus
>buying used mining gpus

Attached: 1611428427900.png (363x328, 182.82K)

>1080P
Correct
>45fps
No, solid 60 or 144 if possible. All you have to do is turn down retarded amount of particles and super fancy shadows. It's barely recognizable while playing.

Nah, the 3080 was decent. But people overhyped how good it was, in reality it was a standard gen to gen upgrade. It only looked insanely good compared to Turing.

>they want you to not buy a GPU so chinks can buy them all up to mine crypto
I agree that it's stupid, but why would they try to convince you to not buy them instead of just buying them all up with bots like they've always done?

I bought a 3070, and i'll buy the 5070 when it cooms out, try and stop me.

We are a few months away from the new gen, prices should have dropped by 30% from msrp when discounted, same as what we currently see with Ryzen 5000

this, played Elden Ring and FF7R (on medium), but had zero fps problems whatsoever on both, I just hope my gpu doesn't die on me suddenly because it's very old by this point.

/thread

I got lucky and bought the 3080 at release at MSRP after having a GTX770 since it released in 2013.
I wonder how long I can make my 3080 last. Definitely not getting the 4080 but I think I might skip the 5080 too. As long as I can get high settings in games and maintain my screen's resolution I'll be happy.

on a GTX 970*

The point is the price on the 3ks will drop once 4k is out

about to get 3070, will do fine for next 10 years again

>had an original 1070 FE
>just snagged a 3080 last week
>performance increase was immediate and noticeable in basically everything
I dunno OP, you might just be coping.

Attached: unknown-1412.png (1054x822, 1.37M)

>Get 3080 last year after long waitlist
>Play same shit I did before because nothing new is worth playing or too demanding for my old card
Don't worry guys, the 4080 is going to enable devs to... uh... create even worse optimized games that need the 4080 to brute force it into being playable...

thats a gamble. like with phones or other high pricetag stuff, they rather quietly phase out old models from the market than lower the price. if you miss the right short window you are shit out of luck

Yes? Mining GPUs have usually been undervolted and its not like running a GPU wears it down.

How is OP coping when the point of this thread is to not buy new GPUs straight away and to instead realize that just because a new product is releasing doesn't make the "old" one any worse?

>t. thinks he can see the detail on the blades of grass on his 4k monitor that he is sitting 2 feet from.