Deep Rock Galactic

Worth it? I enjoy games like Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, etc.

Attached: deep.png (988x799, 835.83K)

Coffee Stain Publishing is a subsidiary of Embracer Group which Saudi Arabia now bought 8% shares of. Boycott.

>I enjoy games like Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, etc.
Then you will enjoy this. Go ahead, it's cheap.

Based, buying two copies.

It's a good game, but it's not as linear or murder-focused as KF or L4D.
Maps are randomly-generated and you need to finish specific tasks (collecting resources, protecting structures, clearing/creating tunnels to connect power sources, etc) while dealing with hordes. There is a decent variety of objectives, at least.

Buy EDF 5 instead.

Even if you don't go full autist like some of us the game has at least 100 hours of content. If you are an autist who just loves to play for the sake of it or grind out every single unlock from the (free) season pass stuff you can rack up well over 500 hours easily

Its a good game mechanically but the amount of grinding is absolutely insane. You would think it was a F2P GaaS title but you can't even buypass the grinding with real money

my favorite part of games like this is always the killing, but killing enemies in DRG is a chore that you have to do so you can back to doing your other chores (mining, completing objectives, etc.)
starts to feel like a second job after ~50 hours

It's okay. Gameplay is decently fun.
I bought it not long ago and I'm not regretting. The voice acting is complete ass though. Couldn't even get real Scots to voice the dwarves.

Why would you boycott something partly owned by conservatives? I thought that's what you wanted?

For less than the price of a burger and fries its fun.
You get people like this dude
who puts FIFTY HOURS into his burger and says its not fun

its better, those other games are pure combat. drg has aspects of exploration and basically puzzle solving. you have to use your brain a little bit to overcome the map itself like how to get from point a to point b. its really cool walking into an absolutely MASSIVE chamber

>who puts FIFTY HOURS into his burger and says its not fun
I'm really torn on the game, there's so much about it that I love, but making everything progressively more tedious burned me out really quickly. All weapons being peashooters was what really sealed it for me.

i like the idea
just can't handle the low poly art style

too many corners and details everywhere got my eyes fucked up

Attached: d-borf.jpg (750x747, 149.02K)

>Worth it?
Absolutely.
Easily THE greatest co-op action game I've ever played.

>I enjoy games like Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, etc.
Then you'll love DRG as well.
I put several hundred hours to each KF, L4D, PD2 and such, but I've already spent over 1300 hours with Deep Rock.

The gameplay is fun and varied, community friendly, and the overall attitude is awesome. The game outright funnels and encourages co-operation in a way I've never felt before, there really is no "competition" whatsoever.

Attached: 1637883997277.png (1845x1663, 1.55M)

The game's only flaws is time locking gameplay elements (weapon overclocks) to weekly missions and that too many overclocks are just stat boosts instead of gameplay changers, especially on the newer weapons, other than that its a solid game that you can easily sink 200 hours

>my favorite part of games like this is always the killing,
Then you're playing the wrong game, chump.

>starts to feel like a second job after ~50 hours
1k hours and I'm still enjoying the game. Get fucked, elf.

Attached: WERE RICH.jpg (680x1017, 98.26K)

I really disliked the graphics, but the gameplay is fine. A bit repetitive.

>Then you're playing the wrong game, chump.
Yeah, I know, thats why I stopped playing DRG a year ago. Its combat is ass. Glad we're in agreement

its only tedious if your goal is to unlock everything. and if it is, then you clearly don't like the gameplay loop of the various missions.
guess it's time to move on.

Overclocks help make the guns nice and chunky. I also play with plenty of randoms and when you're busy killing bugs with your fellow dwarves, you don't notice.

The gameplay loop is garbage and the game gets boring fast, unlocking all the weapons becomes an extreme chore

also if you're going to play make sure its with friends because theres too many spergs that will kick you for no reason and trolls kicking you before you finish the game means you lose out on everything.

>All weapons being peashooters was what really sealed it for me
I guarantee you don't play hazard 5. Even there the enemies are fodder, but you really have no excuse if you're playing anything lower.