I'm glad it's darker and more serious I want it to be more survival horror

>I'm glad it's darker and more serious I want it to be more survival horror

Did you dumbasses not play RE8? Capcom is already back to wanting to make RE cheesy action, I guarantee it will be just as combat heavy as the original with Leon throwing bad quips like Ethan and then all the zoomers will be like "uhhm actually this is what I wanted all along so its fine!". The only reason it seems scarier and more serious than the original is because of increased visual fidelity and westernized writers.

Attached: resident-evil-4-remake_6qu4.jpg (2000x2000, 389.76K)

Have fun with your netflix show

RE7 was already cheesy and comedic. The problem is that the remake producers have a weird obsession with realism that the sequel producers don't. Take for example how the alligator was almost cut because it was "too unrealistic" or how Nemesis couldn't wear a trenchcoat because it was "too unrealistic". Meanwhile the sequel team just straight up used Evil Dead as an inspiration for 7.

Attached: url(266).jpg (400x400, 26.68K)

>cheesy
Nothing was cheesy in village except ethan's lines

>paying for remakes
lol
lolmao even

>Did you dumbasses not play RE8?
After the embarrassing shit that was RE7? And all the coomer memes?
Fuck no.

More likeā€¦ Resident Evil Snore.

amirite?

>Nothing was cheesy in village
You fight a guy with a giant fan grafted to his chest that has no arms because he kept cutting them off by accident.

I haven't played RE8 but it will no doubt be less goofy than the original. RE2R had a camp of its own, one that was subdued but still present. I'm thinking it will be the same for RE4R.
This modern cheesiness is very different from the cheesiness found in RE4, which differentiated itself from even the previous games by being absolutely self aware, whereas previous titles just sort of ended up being goofy because of technology, translation, poor voice direction, stuff like that.
RE4 on the other hand embraces the silliness, the story is a downright comedy, every line tinged with a sharp irony so that I end up chuckling at almost every line of dialogue in the game. Not many truly appreciate the finely crafted comedy of RE4, you don't end up being that funny by accident.
The remake will completely lack this "comedy" aspect, the story will be more serious, and it will be darker. The cheese and goofy aspects will be occasional and toned down, serving as a spice rather than the whole meal. Whether or not they do this well is yet to be seen, but it's the most logical move for them to make, taking this game to a more serious tone.

Attached: RightHand.jpg (974x962, 148.26K)

You don't understand how incredibly well designed re4 was, every scene can be played in a multitude of different ways and it had over 50 big action set pieces all carefully tested and thought out, re8 got like 5 action set pieces and they all playout like shit

>every scene can be played in a multitude of different ways
I'll admit it's been a while since I've played re4 but what do you even mean by this?

ethan pilots a tonka tank with chainsaw arms vs magneto in a junkyard fungus mecha

>all carefully tested and thought out
lmao, literally nothing was tested in re4

>I'm glad it's darker and more serious I want it to be more survival horror

Attached: 1628336976621.png (521x937, 224.08K)

>Shill capcom damage control thread
Are you faggots getting people ready for the fact that you're going to cut off like 40% of the original content?

How have we not got the best of both worlds? HD project gives us a professional standard modern facelift for the classic RE4. The remake gives us a reimagining of the game. Seems like the best possible outcome happened

Most Areas are large, large enough to give you options, ladder door windows are all tools that you can use to crowd control, items are spread everywhere, so do you shoot and run and pick up items or do you find a safe spot and wait for them it's constantly evolving depending on the weapons bullet health you have, it even has adaptable difficulty, it gets harder the better you play, even if you restart the same fight 10 tmes it always playout slightly differently, the AI is nuts!

The Heisenberg boss fight was fucking giant robot statue Salazar tier.

Salazar statue was not cheesy, he just wanted to be a big boy, level design and character development became one, absolute genius .

Ok ok i go away

Maybe Heisenberg was slightly cheesy but the rest wasn't

The REmake team is different than the mainline team.

RE2 and 3 remakes were both grim and serious with zero levity.

Resident Evil trailers always look super serious and mysterious in the reveal trailers and then when you actually play them they're filled with dumb goofy shit.