Dude just replay the same fucking missions haha crazy!

>dude just replay the same fucking missions haha crazy!
was it because kojimba tried to say something about the cycle of violence or some bullshit, or are these filler for actual chapters that never got made?

Attached: already_a_demon.jpg (1528x2156, 1.83M)

It's both Kojima's fault for wanting even more budget to make the whole game and Konami's for making this bullshit compromise instead and fucking stopping making videogames after this.

this and dragon age inquisition is when videogames started to become 80% filler 20% content

No, it was Skyrim.

its like 50% unfinished product

I think all of the effort on this game went into making the fox engine and the actual game was an afterthought. Still the best gameplay in the series no doubt, but Kojima really phoned it with the story on this one. Maybe he took the criticism of people mocking his movie tier cutscenes.

the one time the replaying missions was actually relevant was Quiet's part, since it shows that Venom never really let go of Quiet even after she left.
Elsewise yeah, replaying the game is tedious shit. I say that as a person who actually did 100% every single mission in this game.

Attached: 1632032745562.png (718x113, 48.41K)

It's filler. This game has a massive amount of filler. When you cut out the repeat missions/resource and personnel grinding/worthless side ops/missions which should be side ops then there's actually very little content.

How do people still not get this

>he knew he was getting fired by 2013
>he purposefully sabotaged the game to be one giant reference about it as a fuck you and because its kino
Literally as back as Ground Zeroes you were 'deleting' MGS games as a mission. The entire game is an inside job against Konami

Attached: 1601128502576.png (398x198, 9.35K)

>Maybe he took the criticism of people mocking his movie tier cutscenes.
A lot of cutscenes in V are genuinely amazing that require no dialogue, because everything is subtly shown to you or implied with color, cinematography, etc. rather than just told in a codec call. It was unironically too deep for most MGS fans.

They made Metal Gear Survive after V, I guess. That was a good move that went well.

>was it because kojimba tried to say something about the cycle of violence or some bullshit
He basically tried to make it a point how even after Skull Face was dead, Diamond Dogs continued to fight a "Phantom Enemy", until they eventually started turning on each other, like how Miller became a paranoid schizo and started seeing enemies everywhere, Huey then gets nearly executed, then another virus outbreak starts and you have to kill your own men etc. Act 1 was directing DD directing their hatred at an external enemy, but eventually, once that external enemy is defeated, you start looking for enemies internally, within your own ranks. Or at least that's how I think it is. Honestly, if Kojima wanted to make a point like that, he could have just given us unique missions in Chapter 2 against Cipher instead of having to redo previous ones, with 1 or 2 new missions sprinkled in.

>I didn't play Peace Walker: the post

>are these filler for actual chapters that never got made?
Yes, they are.
The leaked beta version of the game had only a fraction of the final version's missions, and there's a handful of promised missions, areas and other features that were already promoed before release, but never got into the game.

Thanks to Jewnami's boomers, MGSV will forever be one of the most broken husks of a potentially GOAT -tier video game.

This is the thing that hurts the most. Death Stranding went back to the shitty exposition filled cutscenes and calls.

Peace Walker has METRIC FUCK TON of variety when it comes to side quests, and you literally do not need to replay the 1:1 same missions to finish the story. A story that is ACTUALLY FINISHED too, mind you.

/lick

PROTIP:
You don't need to play the repeat missions to beat the game, you can just progress chapter 2 by completing side ops.
Doesn't excuse the retarded decision for chapter 2, but better than parts of chapter 1 just inexplicably repeating

Attached: file.png (1127x681, 698.83K)

Peace Walker was also a PSP game, not a console game for 5 platforms. And no, just like in Peace Walker, you don't have to replay missions to unlock the rest of the story in the epilogue chapter. Just play two sidequests and you'll unlock new story missions/events.
>actually finished
So is MGSV's.
>b-but Kingdom of the Flies

Worst video game I've ever played in my life

This is fake.
You don't have to replay any missions to progress the story, just do a few side ops instead. Everything related to the game was datamined to hell and back over period of 7 years. There was never any substantial proven cut content besides Battlegear (cut because it was too OP, says so in the artbook), Chico (could kill him or recruit as buddy) and KOTF (turned into Survive) which would actually be sold as a DLC. These are in the artbook, the script and the collector disc. MGS2 and 4 have fuckton more cut content than MGSV.
Main theme of the game is Phantom Pain so of course it will feel like something is missing when Kojima intentionally did things to induce this feeling, all of which is confirmed in his interviews like Skullface not having a bossfight.

Attached: ECxUJ9vUUAA4gHN.jpg (1200x820, 271.24K)

Best video game I've ever played in my life

>you don't have to replay missions to unlock the rest of the story in the epilogue chapter
Except in V you do.

>So is MGSV
Not even you believe this yourself.

>KotF
and return to Camp Omega.
and meeting all your characters and gear on the MB.
and customizing your MB to a fine degree.
and exploring the miles worth of military bunker complexes underneath Afghanistan.
and taking your Battle Gear for a spin.
and so on and so forth.

Attached: MGS5 Ocelot Chilling in MB.webm (1920x1080, 844.82K)