Next Fest

Next Fest
Tell me about the games you played

Attached: 5e643aa18c5e957adea0f9668d6598bf.jpg (480x360, 19.6K)

I played Nine Sols last night and I really liked it, but I always feel weird praising one game when it takes so much from another. Anyway I liked it, wishlisted it and beat the Red Centaur.

games?

>buying digital games
>you will own nothing and be happy
why are you like this anons

>Last Command
Interesting premise, but falls a bit flat in execution, e.g. snake part of this mashup is basically nonexistant since there is no penalty for hitting tail, so the game is just bullet hell.
>Manacircle
Artwork is good, but the combat could use some work, for the love of God I can't get the parry timing at all.
>Glitched
Too much dialogues. All the 4-wall shenanigans falls a bit flat. But the music in town is so good, I spent like half an hour just listening to it.
>Furquest
A lot of variety, but just can't shake a feeling that a game is a bit too... juvenile. Like it was made by some toddler with great art skills.

Angry Foot:
It was goddamn fucking awful. And it's suppose to be one of those speedrun games, but there's just not much option to have fun or be creative. Also, not fucking melee weapon. Fuck that music too, is like Hotline Miami but the beats never changes.

Midnight Express Fight or whatever: Awful feel when moving the characters, not enough options when fighting, but I bet it's cause they locked all the moves behind levels, even basic stuff. Sucks that it looks so damn boring. The idea is cool. The drone NPC is not a good idea.

Seleco? The female Doom shooter:
Slow fucking start. Pacing was trash. I hated almost every second of it.

Favorites so far:
Small Saga
Kingdom Gun
Cursed to Golf
Beneath the Mountain
everything else has been meh or too undercooked to judge fairly.

>Railbound
8/10, comfy puzzle game, wishlisted
>Terra Nil
7/10, quite fun but not my kind of game, found the grid system to be a little unintuitive, was mostly a case of me moving the mouse around to find the highest number
>Ghost Song
5/10, needs a lot of work which is crazy considering it's been in development for nearly a decade. feels markedly amateur, OC donut steel ghost waifu, le epic tough optional boss with a cheesy not-Souls name, dropping xp or whatever on death. has nothing that other metroidvanias haven't done better already
>Dome Keeper
5/10, very unsatisfying to play due to poor sound design and animations, feels like it'd be far more fun without the roguelite/RPG stuff
>Anger Foot
4/10, turns out being able to see weapons all the time in a top-down perspective is necessary for this style of play, poorly designed
>Fabular: Once upon a Spacetime
4/10, waste of nice art, terrible writing, another case of the roguelite bullshit adding nothing, would be far better without
>Harmony's Odyssey
2/10, has just about the worst UI and gameplay I've seen in a long time, complete mess

>>Anger Foot
>4/10, turns out being able to see weapons all the time in a top-down perspective is necessary for this style of play, poorly designed
wut

Any good VR games ?

>Fabular; Once upon a spacetime
FTL except it's a high science fantasy setting and spaceship battles are melee focused. Grab some maces and smash your foes into asteroids for extra damage.

since you don't automatically pick up ammo you put yourself at a disadvantage by going into a room without as many bullets as possible
which means throwing yours and then running into walls and bodies to pick up guns which might have more ammo (this is clumsy since the guns can get lost in the environment clutter)
in Hotline Miami you can clearly see where the guns are which allows you to make informed play decisions

sound like skill issue

not an argument, the game just isn't very good for the reasons I explained (and is also piss easy)

Played Akurra, seems like just up my alley. Exploration, puzzles and secrets

I played that and liked it so much that I stopped playing because I didn't want to spoil it for myself - how much content is actually in the demo? If there's not much I might go back and complete it.

>Gloomwood
>Signalis
>Terra Nil
These ones were my favorite.

>Anger Foot
Basically 3D Hotline Miami for zoomers

>Cult of the Lamb
Neat little demo overall with gameplay that reminds me of Hades, great graphics and looking forward to it

>Agent 64
Never played Goldeneye but I imagine that its like this, seemed fun

>Nitro Kid
Its basically Slay the Spire, if you like that game you'll like this demo

if this is a problem, you can unlock boots that give you a bullet per kill

Kinda wish that Anger Foot had some sort of visible health meter. It seemed like you die from one melee hit but can take several bullets before going down.

I got 100% completion in less than two hours. There's a couple of larger islands which aren't completely explorable, and a few small ones with one or two puzzles. You get a couple of new mechanics and a lot of sneak peeks for stuff that's going to appear later. The demo probably doesn't represent even five percent of the full game.