Want to play as a mystic knight for a change

>want to play as a mystic knight for a change
>have to grind four other vocations to unlock the good augments
Man, this is the worst part of the game. You spend like 3/4 of it grinding augments with vocations you dont actually want to play.

Attached: images (24).jpg (554x554, 92.65K)

the journey is worth the reward. my first playthrough was maybe 350 hours and a good 300 of those hours were legit not fun and really boring. but let me tell you those 50 hours out of that playtime is literally peak gaming. I am joking however, I have only played this game for 4 hours

Serious question, since I want to replay it: Last time I played as ranger and was pretty fun, was thinking about choosing mystic knight this time, but I really don't want to level up any other classes because it would ruin my roleplay autism. Is it REALLY necessary to level up magical classes before switching to mystic knight or is it just minmax stuff that's still not necessary? Keep in mind I want to clear BBI too, I don't know if playing mystic knight from lvl10 will leave me with a weak character for that area

there's a youtube video out there that demonstrates optimal stat growth vs doing the exact opposite and guess what? it's fucking nothing. only your gear matters.

Grab the Ring of Perseverance in BBI and by the Asura Armour from The Black Cat. Doubles discipline point gain, you'll be rank 9 in no time. If you don't like playing any of those other classes, then wait till post-game and grind out discplines off guards. Takes less than 5 minutes per vocation to go from 1 to 9, and you can afk it and let your pawns do the work. You don't need to worry about augments until you decide to properly tackle BBI. Regular game is easy enough without them, especially for the Mystic Knight. Personally, I like playing Fighter and Warrior so I play those classes to 9 regularly, especially since the base game is where Warrior shines (why the fuck did they make Arc do flat damage?).

>roleplay autism
How about you roleplay as a guy in training to become a mystic knight? You wouldn't become one if you didn't know the basics of magic and fighting first, would you?

Stockholm Syndrome the game

It's much faster to farm skeletons spawned by liches.

>Keep in mind I want to clear BBI too, I don't know if playing mystic knight from lvl10 will leave me with a weak character for that area
It won't, just make sure you bring 20 or so periapts of each type for Daimon 2.0. You'll probably also want to grind out BBI3 weapons off Death, which is easy enough as Mystic Knight since you can stunlock him on normal.

>see a post in another thread
>make a new thread to bitch
Nigger
Don't forget to sage.

The 2 best augments for blue classes, the cast speed reduction that stacks with the dukes ring and the 20% magik increase are both locked behind sorcerer 9. You don't need them, but the augments combined with the extra magik youll get from leveling as sorcerer really help make the mystic Knight more fun to play.

>want to play as a bulky paladin who happens to be able to use magic
>need to play as a puny sorcerer for X levels
I get what you are saying, it just doesn't sit right with me

Why are people obsessed with min maxing shit? just play what you want, it's perfectly fine

You don't play other vocations for their stats, but for their augments. Just play the other vocations until you get the augment you need and switch back to MK. For example playing warrior for a while for its defense augment is usually worth it.

was kinda pissed at how smol daimon was in game vs the cover art ngl bros

min maxing shit bugs me, it's not what would happen in a real scenario where one guy with a sword is fighting a giant griffin enemy. Even if min maxing happens by accident and seems like it could exist in lore it bugs me. Norms just wont understand.

Just mod all the vocations to rank 9

I just want Warrior with viable moves that aren't just jumping light attack

Might as well unlock all the char editors while you're in there. Theres a lot of locked shit they make you do bitchwork for.

Nah m8 just get the augments you need from other classes and play MK all you want. min maxing is for hard autists

You only "have to" grind if you want to be a minmax autist. Just playing mystic knight normally let's you beat the game fine. You're not supposed to shred every boss in seconds.

Attached: mystic-knight-dragons-dogma-wiki-guide-300px.png (300x436, 227.15K)