The perfect game does not exist

Here are my go-to vidyas and why they fail to appease me

Ark: Can't have proper base fighting/defense on solo, PVE is for pussies and PVP is overrun by gangs of toxic asian sociopaths

No man's sky: Zero quality combat and zero reason to actually gather and build shit for hundreds of hours like it forces you to

Star Citizen: You'll wake up naked and your ship's weapons won't work and then while you try to fix these bugs the game will crash... Even when it does work, there's nothing to fucking do except aggressively screenshot

Skyrim: dogshit combat and depressingly overplayed, closest I came to actual fulfillment only to be let down by shallow depth

WoW: Fun in 2005, classic was neat, ruined itself during/after cataclysm...

LoL: LOL

Risk of rain 2: fun gimmick, gets old fast

FO4: spend 300 hours making a perfect base, npcs brick themselves and there's no quality combat once you gather everything interesting

Kenshi: Fuck you

Civ4/5/6 & CK: fuck map based games I'd rather play RISK irl

Elden Ring: only fun with item/enemy randomizer but then it bugs out or updates and wipes your save.... the fights begin to feel identical and there's not much point to continuing

Assassin's creed Valhalla: Can't even be a viking, game over for killing peasants??? Cash grab development

Anytime I think "hm what would a fun open world survival crafting game be where I can build, have quality combat, and interact with interesting npcs/cities..." my library is completely empty

Everytime I wait for a big new game to come out, I think "this is finally it. a reason not to kill myself." And then it comes out and I feel completely cheated. I can't wait for starfield to leave a cavern of disappointment in my soul. Did my expectations rise? I used to have so much fun playing geist on the gamecube with my older bro, then he literally became schitzo and I haven't recognized him since 2012.

why live

Attached: gimgam.jpg (444x444, 29.63K)

>Anytime I think "hm what would a fun open world survival crafting game be where I can build, have quality combat, and interact with interesting npcs/cities..." my library is completely empty"

open world games are a sandbox. survival, crafting, combat, etc. are the little cheap plastic child tools you use to shovel around and shape sand. if you are incapable of having fun with your own imagination no amount of high-quality big-boy shovels and buckets will appease you.

if your cavern of disappoint is so vast, fill it with knowledge to create the best possible sandbox game just for you and then make it. if, after you give it an honest shot you still don't know why to live, then do a flip

Not perfect, but fun, try Monster Hunter World and then after you finish that go to Rise. I am almost as hooked as I was with Elden Ring, but not quite there.

Attached: 1652715001272.webm (810x1440, 2.89M)

my only remaining goal is to play Dwarf fortress and use the dwarves to acquire that top tier armor. Then, on adventure mode, send a homie in to pick it up and become the god of the world. and just sort of roam doing whatever I want

oddly, my old computer couldnt handle this. woops... might have a chance now

All games you posted are pieces of shit.
Play:
Shinobido
Way Of The Samurai 1,2,3,4
Resident Evil 4
Vanquish
Bayonetta 1
Onimusha 1
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Onimusha 4
Devil May Cry 1
Devil May Cry 3
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 5
Ninja Gaiden 1 Black/Sigma
Ninja Gaiden 2
Shinobi PS2
Nightshade PS2
10.000 Bullets
Dragon's Dogma
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid 5
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Katamari Damacy
We Love Katamari
Valkyrie Profile 2 Slimeria
Koudelka
Resident Evil 1 PS1/DS
Resident Evil 2 PS1
Resident Evil 3 PS1
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Doom 1
Serious Sam 1
Demon's Souls PS3
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 2
Xenoblade Chronicles Wii
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy 1
Legend Of Zelda OOT
Legend Of Zelda Majora's Maks
Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess
Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild
Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time
Prince Of Persia Warrior Withing
Prince Of Persia The Two Thrones
Prince Of Persia The Forgotten Sands Wii

>"Here are my go-to vidyas and wh-"
>frogposter sharing his retarded takes on anything

Don't care didn't ask, options field.

Ive played a lot of those. Sands of time and OOT/Twilight prince were where I got a love for open world in the first place...

Phantom pain was alright. A lot of those I looked up gameplay and they feel a bit stilted or dated to take a serious investment in.

uhhh, i like fighting games
you dont have to PVP if you dont want to, the trials are really fun to do
also tring them on keyboard might be interesting (like a mixbox) just play WASD but swap A & S's positions, SPACE bar for jump too

i'm playing the new starship troopers game on gog. i usually dont like RTS because i'm stupid, but in this one your units lives are worthless and replacing them fells like nothing, which is exactly like the movies & animations which makes it extra cool, never played an RTS with that sort of feel
also its just braindead make them stand and they do it for you gameplay + they have abilities you can use if you want

theres always emulating too
i just pirate and emulate all my switch games now
even got the new samsho with terrible netcode that i havent tried yet

was emulating need for speed most wanted, got to 6th on the blacklist and might go back to it eventually (or wont)

skate 3 is really fun to emulate
tried to play tony hawks, but forgot everything from my youth. i dont know how i used to play those games doing tricks & spinning

Attached: e0617f949f52e46adadb6ea3294370e2.gif (506x512, 630.02K)

>A lot of those I looked up gameplay and they feel a bit stilted or dated to take a serious investment in.
Then you deserve your current predicament.
I spit on your pleb enjoy wasting your life browsing this shithole.

I cant stand modern videogames. I love shooters but the FPS market has split into casual and hardcore. The core fps market from the 90's to the mid 2000's is dead. It's just milsim faggots and fornite kiddies. And neither wants to play with the other.

Tarkov: I love the gunplay. But I hate raid mode. I waited 5 years for arena and it's looking like a counter strike clone.

Counter strike: It was fun in the 90's. But it never evolved. CS:Source and CS:GO were just remakes and graphical improvements of the original game with some altered and added content. I fucking hate the gameplay of cs though. It's so bland and predictable.

BF3/4/1/5/2042: I loved Battlefield 2. But I cant stand modern battlefield games they feel too much like call of duty. It started with the bad company series and the franchise has been in a dark age ever since.

Call of duty: No fuck no.

Battle royale games: I fucking hate battle royal. I hate not having respawns and being able to learn from your mistake immediately. Same reason why I always hated counter strike.

Insurgency: wave spawns are fucking gay. And there's too much value in playing the meta. I found the best tactic on most maps is to just get a pistol + laser + silencer. No armor, no carrier, no nades. Fuck it just sprint like a mad man and ambush enemies. I went 100-0 in a round just doing that. When I ran out of ammo I just picked up enemy guns and used it to get a new gun.

RTS: It's dead. Fucking mobas killed them.

RPG: I have no time or patience to invest 100+ hours into a heavily story based game. Which is how long most good rpgs take. Any rpg less than 10 hours is bound to be garbage.

Indie games: Fuck no. They're all pretentious jewish hacks who've given themselves awards for being the biggest fucking jewish hack. All their games suck and have no gameplay, no stakes, no fail condition to keep me playing.

F2P: Fuck p2w.

Mobile games: Fuck touchscreen and fuck f2p games

nobod holds the controller like that retard

Play Subnautica and stop crying

There is no such thing as a perfect anything OP. Irrealistic expectations are a poison.
Other than that... from your opinions I couldn't really gather what kind of styles you prefer, other than a general fondness for open-world games. So take my recommendations with (multiple) grains of salt. I am also going to assume that by mentioning Skyrim and Fallout4 that you have already tried the older games.

Monster Hunter (franchise): I'm a bit of an oldschooler especially when it comes to these games. As much as I'd like to recommend previous titles, Monster Hunter World is a good entry point. Monster Hunter is perhaps one of my favorite franchises in vidya because even if they screw up (Rise) I know I'll enjoy it for atleast 100 hours.

Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy: I just can't name something with a more "video game" feeling than this series. This remake is pretty much as good as the old ones on the PSX. This is a 3D platformer though.

Dying Light: One of THE best zombie games out there period. It's a first-person slasher/shooter with RPG elements and an... okay-ish story. It might take a little to get used to the combat but it is pretty satisfying unless you can't stand weapon durability for some weird zoomer reason.

Breath of the Wild: Just emulate it (look up CEMU). The exploration and emergent gameplay is literally nothing you can ever see in any other game out there.The game is about EXPLORATION at its core.

>fuck map based games
I assume you hate 4X games?

>Skyrim
If you didn't mod it after 200-500 hours, honestly that's on you. It's a game that is either as boring or as complex as you want and mod it to be.

MetalGearSolid (franchise): Especially Phantom Pain.

RedDeadRedemption2: A very-very solid game overall.

But it also could be that video games are no longer entertaining for you and you might need to look for a different hobby. In any case, I hope you find your fin user!

Attached: 46553103.png (451x619, 392.45K)

having a go-to vidya is fucking cucked material. either play older games you missed out on, or play new games. yes, there's still good ones coming out.

>I hope you find your fin user!
FUN I MEANT FUN

Attached: monkas.png (1200x675, 210.61K)

>expects perfection
>is disappointing when it doesn't fucking exist

You do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts.

is someone forcing you to play vidya? you know you can always stop right?
you do have self control, right?

the only good game you listed is Kenshi, you should literally kill yourself with taste this bad

You niggers would get sick of perfection after a few weeks because you wouldn't be able to play it.

how did you manage to assemble a complete list of the worst normie games of all time

>Dark Souls 2
>Vanquish
>good

since ark is one of your go tos it's already extremely clear to anyone that you're a giant fucking loser
there's literally not a single person in the universe that thinks ark is an enjoyable game