Billionaire companies stopped making 2d fgs because the sprites are too expensive

>Billionaire companies stopped making 2d fgs because the sprites are too expensive

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mWM7hmcecJQ

Attached: images (3).jpg (715x429, 50.79K)

This game never got released and the character in your video was the one where they actually put most effort in

i thought they stopped making traditional fighting games because they were boring

Yet a fucking retard in a garage in a middle income country wad able to make this

You don't look up a lot of sprite games do you

It's kind of a combination of factors.
>Pixel art requires artists and animators specializing in it, when 3d modelers and artists are more plentiful
>Involves a production pipeline that's not very flexible. If changes need to be made, it's going to cost you time and money
>Can not implement more dynamic things like camera angles or costumes
>For any story cutscenes you'll likely have to use something else than the in-game sprites anyway
t. pixel artist

And yeah, what said. They seem to have little talks on their YouTube channel, but the game doesn't seem to be any more complete now than it was in 2015.

that looks like a super nintendo game and nobody is going to spend more than 20 bucks on it unless they're retarded "hardcore" fg players

They created a new game: Pocket Bravery

yeah those poor poor corpos just have a few billions of budget to spare... please think of their families!

The guy was making it with money from donations and not for selling

>looks like a Snes game
No
Sprites are better than SF3

companies stopped making 2D games because statistically 3D models, even the shittiest ones, demonstrably sell better. it's a shitty reality we live in.

yeah because businesses are in the business for spending, not making money, they just love raising the bottom line in hopes that people believe in the "soul" of their product
>from donations
lol okay yanderedev
>sprites are better than sf3
lol

>NOOOO THESE SPRITES ARE GONNA MAKE MY MULTIBILLIONAIRE COMPANY BANKRUPT
Shut the fuck up retard, you don't know what you're talking about.

Just about every pixel artist wishes to make their own 2d fighting game at one point or another. If you just take a glimpse through Twitter, you'll find a lot of artists doing their own takes, but how many of them actually finish? Take a wild guess.

Fighting games take a whole lot of time to animate, regardless of animation style used, and time is money.

Under a different studio name and everything, I see. I wouldn't have known it's the same people.

>Sprites are better than SF3
Cute claim.

i never said bankrupt, you did
i love how you have to insert words into other peoples mouths to make a case
retard

I remember the was some shitty jank fighting game that came out for the super famicom sometime in the 2000's (yeah that late).

Im trying to remember what it was called but I cant remember. I remember one dude being a massive paladin-ish guy. but thats all I really remember well.

they stopped making 2d sprites because it costs too much while will still be perceived as inferior to 3d

The spritework may be pretty but as a fighting game this looks fucking awful

Gotta maximize the profit margins so mobile it is.

1 or 2 guys were doing this
If 2 guys can do it with donation money, why not fucking Capcom?

Oh yeah they definitely could, I agree with that part. On top of 3D being cheaper, it means you can make DLC costumes by making a new model instead of having to make another character from scratch.