Quick. Recommend games with satisfying investigation

Quick. Recommend games with satisfying investigation.

Attached: 1521618714545.jpg (1280x720, 132.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/nested
max-stern.itch.io/mistalone
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Read Umineko.

orteil.dashnet.org/nested

marior

Disco Elysium if you can handle dialogues ending in political compass popquizzes. Game is legit great and you never know what it is going to throw at you.

Attached: PLHrAzQz4DI7.jpg (1125x820, 77.7K)

>and you never know what it is going to throw at you.
Because it keeps pulling story threads out of its ass. The only real bit of investigation in the game is hidden behind a skill check.

Return of the Obra Dinn
The Plainscreek Killings
A Hand With Many Fingers
Paradise Killer

I should warn you that the ending of Painscreek Killings is really shit. Almost shit enough to retroactively ruin the rest of the experience.

If you are talking about the main mystery turn yes, but there are plenty of side-investigations where many different archetypes of the main character can shine.

Underrail has a murder investigation quest, it's pretty cool. Doesn't hold your hand at all though, but if you figure it out yourself it's very satisfying

Will the Painscreek Killings shit twist ruin the reason why you investigate anything? Iike try to figure it out and the camera man did it level?

It's less that the twist is bad, and more that it abruptly changes genres and throws what is essentially a new control scheme at you. Without ruining the actual mystery, I'll just tell you that the killer confronts you when you figure out his identity, and then you have to run away from him, but if he catches you, basically fuck all happens and you can just keep running away from him.

SS13

>Paradise Killer
One of the worst pieces of mystery fiction I've ever consumed. I only found it interesting as a deconstruction of the concept of truth, since it doesn't matter at all in the end. If you want a detective story even this free VN that I made is better:

max-stern.itch.io/mistalone

RIKO SEXO

Attached: riko being punished.gif (480x270, 1.49M)

But is magic real?

Witcher 1. In 1 you are actually a paranormal detective and you have an investigation per chapter, plus a gamewide investigation.
I also add deadly premonition, play switch version or 360 version. One step below, the ps3 version.

Deadly premonition is a twin peaks schizo simulator, not an investigation game.

>play switch version
switch version runs like hot dogshit though

>Return of the Obra Dinn
Easily the best investigative game I can think of

It had lots of good parts, but the art style made my eyes hurt. The investigation part looked neat, but the story left a lot to be desired.

Outer Wilds

Outer Wilds