Thoughts on this game?

Thoughts on this game?

Attached: Super_Mario_Bros_2.jpg (256x359, 46.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mariowiki.com/Howard_Phillips
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"But did you know that Mario 2 wasn't even Mario 2? Yeah, it was actually a game called harry potter and the fuckin wizard!"

my favorite as a kid
holds up as well as 3
best Mario OST

*EPIC* Gamer FACT coming through! Did you guys know? Super Mario Bros. 2 on the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES for short :3) was not actually a Mario game!! :O :O :O! Yeah! It's actually a game called "Doki Doki Panic" in Japan! Howard Phillips would have a notable impact on the Mario franchise when he was assigned to test the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2, and in contrast to his complete approval of the original Super Mario Bros., hated it, feeling the game relied too much on counter-intituive tricks and was simply too punishing to be fun[2].

The above text is from the Super Mario Wiki and is available under a Creative Commons license. Attribution must be provided through a list of authors or a link back to the original article. Source: mariowiki.com/Howard_Phillips

OP here. Could one of you explain more clearlyer about mario 2 being doggy not picnic? And naggakly I'm stop

i kinda like it

Would you pay 5 doggers for Mario 2?

>Great controls
>Looks great
>Potion Throwing mechanic is great
>4 characters to choose from
I'd rate it lower than 3 by just a bit.

It was Toads redemption. Nothing can surpass it. 3 is a niggulant child compared the apex rex that is 2SA.

Attached: 1611168367572.png (1034x925, 68.29K)

I have a weird nostalgia for it because no one in my household would ever select it on mario all stars. When I seen it I was always extremely curious to see more. I later beat it as an adult.

Japanese SMB2 was better because it stuck with the gameplay that makes 2d mario good to this day, though SMB3 trumps all and no one is allowed to deny that.

What did they mean by using "Mario Madness" as a subtitle? Is the game secretly about Mario's slow decline into insanity?

>where

Nice, im going to use this in my next youtuve vid.
Suck my dick by donating to my patreon so i can contribute to society with my glorified 5th grade level book reports.

recently played the lost levels and vastly preferred it over this shit the west got.

Love the game to bits, I'm so glad this universally became SMB2 instead of Lost Levels due to its influence on the franchise in the future
Wish they made a mainline 2D game as weird/non-standard as this game again even though it wasn't intentional for it to be a mario game in the first place

Also, it was robbed in Mario Maker 2 and that still makes me mad to this day.

Attached: 1649217124897.png (935x785, 930.93K)

it's not a subtitle, it's just a tagline. and if you actually beat the game you would know exactly how coo coo crazy Mario gets.

I said this one to a friend's dad because he didn't know and every time I read these fucking shitposts it makes me feel terrible.
Fuck you.

I wish we could have gotten another game like this.

why did nintendo integrate it so deep into the mario brand despite "not being a real mario game"?
did "super mario usa" really do so well in japan?