Why do you guys hate this is again

t.

Attached: 1641942883880.jpg (1080x1080, 267.24K)

I don't, it's not without it's flaws but I think it's also one of my favorite games. The level of detail in it is just beyond absurd and I truly wonder if it will ever be one-upped in that aspect in our lifetime.

I didn't ask you though.

It's everything wrong with modern video games. It's less a video game than it is some weird hybrid of a video game combined with a netflix show.
Games of this ilk squander interactivity, which is the whole point of video games, in favour of chasing an impossible goal of trying to be "cinematic".

Haven't played it but I think some people aren't too big on it since there's a lot of repetitive missions and walking the in empty woods or something
Graphics are top tier though

Yes you did.

The main game is overall pretty good, it takes its time but pays off, at least in the first half, as the game progresses it becomes a shooting gallery after the next
>R* couldn't have Arthur be time period-accurate with matters such as racism so the opted to make him a modern nihilist
>Micah is a cartoonish villain, he was written giving him every single bad characteristic they could think of, was actually surprised when the obviously evil character turned out to be actually evil
>Saddie is a mess

>the online portion of the game can be summed up with "the entire community had to dress like clowns to make R* communicate and explain what the fuck they were doing with the multyplayer, when journos caught wind of this R* pretty much said sorry and did absolutely nothing"

Attached: 638.png (1305x455, 85.36K)

I agree user, I think it's the bar for modern games to beat, and nothing has yet. My hope is that GTA6 will be just as technically impressive without too much scummy monetization.

Attached: 1648280576838.jpg (656x770, 238.23K)

If you ignore the main missions (at least only do the ones to unlock stuff), it's absolutely top-tier in free roam. Arthur Morgan is a great character and the world is detailed as hell with lots of cool side stuff to do. I enjoy hunting and fishing and occasionally shooting something up.

I wish Online had been more of that instead of trying to be GTA with horses.

characters/story/dialogue, open world is fun

Literal moviegame lmao

dogshit controls
character waddles around like a drunk cow while searching for pennies inside the house
camp provides almost nothing useful, only people bitching about you
empty world, nothing interesting in it
the game designed to waste your time slow animations and constant need maintain consumables

Sounds like my life.

because it's not an anime rhythm game that sexualises 12-year-olds, which is all the modern weeaboo faggot is mentally-equipped to handle

Because it’s the anti-thesis of an actual video game. It’s literally a movie in the sense that if you try and do ANYTHING besides what the game wants you to do, you fail and have to restart.

this why even have an open world if you're not allowed to use it. They should've just made a straight line like naughty dog shit if that's what they want to make.

It sounds like you never bothered doing a single thing in the game except for the main missions, try exploring a bit user

>without too much scummy monetization.

Attached: 1603316871039.png (225x225, 9.31K)

i just recently started playing it.
brother got it but dropped it before leaving the mountens. same for me.
don't know why i decided to pick it back up but im glad i did.
i see where the walking sim critics come from, but the game does a good enough job keeping me entertained on long travels. my favorite is trying to kill the irish bugs with TNT before they see me.
not sure if i want to get into online though.

GTAO with cowboys
Uninteresting story
Hateable characters
Bad gameplay
Unnesecary mechanics that you cant turn off
Good mechanics from previous game missing
One of my favorite repeatable activities got turned into a bunch of fully voiced quests, only way to continue is to play the multiplayer version of it.
Just as bad as GTAV

RDR2's greatest weakness is its waste potential.
The awful writing is another issue

chudcels

If you explore for too long, one of the characters from the camp comes to try and force you back into doing the story. I’m not fucking kidding.

The "heckin racism owned!" shit is really annoying but other than that its a pretty good game