GOG

Imagine not owning the games that you BUY, where my GOGbros at?

Attached: ck.jpg (800x450, 34.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gog-games.com/
steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games#Launcher-free_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even GoG just sells a license.

Doesn't matter. DRM cracking is a thing now.

GOG didn't even sync all my launchers a third of the time when I used it.

No it doesnt

Yes it does, dumbass. Just because it's DRM free doesn't mean you get to own the intellectual property. They sell you a license to a copy of it. And that copy has copywrite protection by law.

steamdrone cope

Dumbass of course you dont "own" the game, you didnt fucking make it, what you do own, is the fucking copy that they sell you

Buy?

Attached: 1655448429638.jpg (868x751, 83.64K)

you are like vegans

Attached: g.png (896x720, 257.79K)

Man, setting up GOG games on the Steam Deck was a pain in the ass, until I found out Lutris has GOG integration. Nothing seemed to work properly

That copy is a license. Kill yourself.

oh my god someone stop this man

>Imagine buying games

So how's that different from literally any other digital storefront?

Imagine actively destroying the industry you enjoy.

You have the ability to download and copy it as many times as you want. You can then install them on your computers without ever connecting to the internet or logging into something. They’re yours. Unlike steam where it’s tied to a license server and has to phone home once in a while.

GOG would never allowed this monstrosity of a scam to happen in their store

Attached: 317.png (626x124, 33.74K)

It doesn't have to on Steam. Steam provides DRM free copies as well if the publisher/dev decides that. Doesn't change the fact that you're stuck with a copy/license that has certain limits on what you can do with it. You don't own it.

based

gog-games.com/

Attached: pirate.png (1673x2160, 2.24M)

> is the fucking copy that they sell you
They don't produce a new copy, they sell you right to play their game. And you can't even trade or give away that right, which undermines definition of owning.

you own it at-purchase, there is no need for the storefront to re-check that your license is valid before playing

>Imagine actively destroying
I wasn't going to buy the game either way. They have lost zero money from my piracy.

> You have the ability to download and copy it as many times as you want. You can then install them on your computers without ever connecting to the internet or logging into something. They’re yours.
I can do the same with pirated game, does it mean I own it?

Show me a video of you installing your games on steam on a new computer without installing steam on it and logging in. I’ll wait.

> I can steal a car, does it mean I own it
no you dont you dumb fucking pirate frog

Can't you just install of its shit through Heroic Launcher? Or just download the installers and run them through Proton?

Heroic Launcher doesnt have achiements, a shame really, I really like 100% a game

How the hell is this still up lol. It shows up right below the official site when you google GOG. Not that I am complaining.

>muh chievos

Attached: kek.gif (576x304, 3.25M)

So if piracy didn't exist you wouldn't play any game? Doubtful.

>playing a game and not 100% it

Attached: H.jpg (529x579, 18.37K)

You can just copy over a game installation folder. If it's a DRM free Steam copy you can just open the exe without Steam.

I don't know about Heroic + Steam integration. Lutris allows you to log in and download from GOG directly, and automatically add it as a non-steam game

I have had absolutely no luck getting Lutris to work on Steam Deck.

Kill yourself.
steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games#Launcher-free_games

I bought a Series X a month ago and got back into buying physical games. 9 times out of 10 it's actually cheaper to buy the physical console version than even an on sale game on steam.

Even newer stuff, I can get a used copy of Elden Ring for Xbox for $45 while it'll be $60 on steam for the next two years

Yeah but they can't make you not have access

yes but then you have to play console, which means

> 60fps or 30fps
> paying for xbox live
> no mods

Lots of steamcuck cope ITT. Reminder that you will always be a consolefag in denial.

They can stop your account from buying more and accessing your bought game downloads. Same with Steam for DRM free games. The only thing GoG has going for it is that every game on GoG has to be DRM free as well as a slightly bigger focus on old PC games.