I hate keycard hunting. It is an objectively terrible trope of game design...

I hate keycard hunting. It is an objectively terrible trope of game design, and it exists solely as padding to waste your time with menial busywork.

Attached: red key.png (640x480, 72.71K)

>aggghhhh i can't reasonably explore a map to find items i need to progress further, i'm going insane!

Attached: 293829213.jpg (646x431, 20.73K)

this, all games should be 100% linear experiences so that players dont get lost, confused and angry

I like it, what I don't like is autistically bumping every wall to find secrets

>muh map exploration
literally just forced backtracking through the level, and it's not like it adds to the experience, it's literally just menial busywork meant to pad out the time in a game instead of actually making it interesting. secrets (not bullshit ones where you have to check generic walls) and hidden items are better in that respect because the choice of backtracking and exploration isn't forced upon the player, and you are rewarded with items you'd need instead of just 'block progression, walk to the other side of the level, find key, open door'. its just fucking boring.

Doom levels are the easiest shit to navigate, especially since you have the automap. I never got lost once. If you don't know where to go, just go where you haven't been lol

Stick to CoD zoom.

>objectively
Prove it then. Give me the science.

It's fine. Vanilla Doom maps are just pretty unexciting.

>keyhunting makes games nonlinear
a squiggly line with an entrance and exit is still a line retard

The two most important aspects of an fps are gunplay and level design and key/switch hunting are a part of level design.

>key hunting in Doom or similar
OK
>the same thing in Hexen or Heretic
GTFO

you probably play signposted braindead hallway shooters or service games regularly without a single complaint so who gives a fuck what you think, zoomie.

Heretic is no worse than Doom in that regard. Hexen's core gameplay is its exploration. Heretic actually has much better level design than Doom aside from Knee-Deep in the Dead.

Yeh but Hexen is boring exploration + boring gunplay

You've never played Heretic.

I played enough to get bored

>forced backtracking
you're too retarded to find the shit on the first time going through that's not fault of the game
that's you being braindead

>Uh, why do i gotta explore the entire map? I want to exit now!!

Attached: 11e8-b379-c268e57d77d4.jpg (1300x1625, 247.59K)

>tfw couldn't even finish hexen or heretic (I can't remember which one) because of the god awful confusing level layout with like 20 keys scattered around with no way of knowing what unlocks what or if you even have the key.

It's just the same shit as Doom.

go fuck off and find another hobby, then
fucking pussy

I've been playing Doom 2 lately and I'm finding myself getting stuck and needing a walkthrough more often. Are the later games like 64 and 2016 easier to figure out where to go? I'll admit I have always been terrible with directions.

You'll probably have a tougher time in 64 but an easier time in 2016. The latter has an objective marker you can use and its level design isn't super expansive outside a couple maps.

>ADD retard can't negotiate a maze or remember where he's been on a map
not my problem, not the developer's problem, it's your problem.

Attached: 9384923421.jpg (900x810, 112.87K)

consooming products isn't a hobby you boring loser

doom doesn't have any keycard hunting. you bump into keycards simply by playing the game (literally just killing shit you fucking retard)