Argue

Argue.

Attached: 324656354556.png (1298x617, 24.11K)

Who cares? I enjoy them all

There's no point in arguing, because everyone can tell you're a retard who isn't interested in any actual discussion.

TENCHUNIALS < SEKIROLIKE < SOULSLITE > BLOODBOURNIAS > DEMONERS

trying to rigidly define genres is the fodder of utter fucking retards

niggerlike

Op could suck a bowling-ball through a coffee straw

Genres aren't real.

Rogelikes and metroidvanias are the worse type of indie game

You're correct that genres can inherit each other, however, you completely fucked up the roguelike definition.
It should be a tag or descriptor called roguelite connected to a genre roguelike. That's it.

Is anything real?

what a confusing image. just stop naming genres after existing games.
eg. instead of calling it a souls-like. just call it an action adventure game like it's supposed to be ffs.

Who cares. Names are just to get an idea into the head of the guy you're talking to

Based, Any Forums destroyed

I've never played Rogue, but all these roguelikes on the market make me think Rogue is shit because they suck

Attached: 499316.png (355x328, 64.5K)

It's pretty basic.
It took years of incremental depth updates to an open-source fork of a game that released two years after Rogue and was already much better, to really end up with a game that everyone actually played.

Attached: 1629939244848.png (675x344, 5.56K)

How could I? You are correct

Attached: 1576189317363.png (790x754, 11.01K)

"roguelite" and roguelites being called roguelites is a way for very shitty games to try and fain legitimacy through association with a much better genre despite having hardly anything to do with it.

One issue is that perhaps 75% of the "roguelikes" on the market, aren't actually like Rogue.
If you want a more modern interpretation of Rogue, which is a game from the 80s, try Brogue. It's free and fairly well made, but if you don't like it at all, then that probably means that the genre legitimately does not appeal to you.

>Third person FPS
Sniper Elite
>First person FPS
Amnesia TDD and dungeon crawlers
>2ndrdth person FPS
Matter Baby

You forgot one line going from FPS to "traditional FPS"

feign.
But you're still right.

Attached: 1624245285631.jpg (800x838, 88.35K)