The Great Debate

Attached: PS1FF.jpg (648x213, 77.41K)

9 and its not even close

Attached: Misc_0022.jpg (376x376, 111.9K)

>Square used to pump out a unique Final Fantasy every 18 months.

Attached: 1448590215250.jpg (700x700, 62.98K)

Based, but also cringe

Why do people now think that everyone loved 8 until the spoony review came out? It was shit on even when it was new

single player mmo

Because we didn't have internet when FF8 came out and everyone around me loved it.

7 and 9 are good but fall apart in act 3. 8 is meh over all except for the card minigame

Going with IX. I started FF with VII btw

7 if you're autistic

8 if you were emo or a faggot

9 if you're a furry

I remember asking for VII for my birthday 2 years after it came out but ended up getting VIII instead because they were "out" What a shitty birthday.

What if you're none of those things?

Not really, 9 is the best one, 7 is iconic and 8 is trash but no one who loves it got far enough through it to find that out.

7 but fuck all over 7 content besides the ps1 game

VIII is the best game in the series

How is it that 8 and 9 can have 4 disks yet both have less story filler than 7?

most of the space is taken by audio

I like the SNES trilogy better.

9 easily

7 and 9 were pretty great. 8 had some neat ideas, but they weren't implemented very well.

Attached: 6b185717120a8ec3e8d7665f2f52e78d--final-fantasy-veils.jpg (500x538, 38.85K)

Uh, no. The audio takes up very little space at all, as it's all just "sheet music" to be played through the PS1's sound chip rather than actual CD music. The disc space is almost all FMVs.

Respectable, V and VI are top tier, IV is pretty good as well.

Chrono Cross

Attached: 1e3e2531ad07bb04e21070b7ae49463c.jpg (663x681, 46.21K)

XII's pretty rad, not sure why so many people were down on the idea of Real Time With Pause, but whatever.

then you didn't play a Final Fantasy game

Best taste

Used to be 7 but remake ruined the legacy. 8 was my first so I have nostalgia glasses, 9...never felt an emotional connection to most of the party, Zidane especially was a weak protagonist

You're one of those things user, just look within and find acceptance.

VII is the best
VIII had great potential but fucked it up hard
IX is above average

V is among the best, IV is too generic it basically plays like every other JRPG on the SNES. VI is possibly the most overrated FF game